What's new

Old Type with strange handle.

It showed yesterday before my door - British Gillete Old Type but with very strange handle. Even Mr. Razor doesn't have it :bored:. Does anybody know something about it? It is also possible that the handle is from another razor, so I really don't know :001_smile. I almost forgot - the handle is hollow, but quite hefty.

And now a few words on its performance. I've been shaving with this beauty this morning and it was... AMAZING! I've tried only solid bar vintage Gillettes getting gentle and fine shaves, but nothing really close. With this I achieved to BBS for the first time. And no, it hasn't been irritating. Just really nice and mild shave.

I have one more question - how are New and New Improved in performance compared to Old Type?

The picture is from seller. Now, she is cleaned :001_smile.

That's a beauty! The New Improved is a much rougher shave than the Old Type in my experience. I get BBS shaves without irritation, but the shave itself just doesn't feel smooth. It feels like the blade is scraping against my skin and I can really tell that I'm shaving whereas with the Old Type, it just glides over my skin.

I believe that´s not a Gillette handle

I agree, the original owner might have had the handle crack so he installed this handle which was probably off 1 of the numerous clones that were made back in the day.
From the inception of the company Gillette had to keep a team of lawyers on retainer to protect their patents.

Thank you very much for you answers, guys. I have to say only one thing - I'm in love with this razor :blushing:. I can definitely recommend Old Type to everyone :thumbup1:.

Top Bottom