What's new

New Edwin Jagger head - just too easy!!

So I have shaved with the new Edwin Jagger razor (with the Georgian handle) for the last five shaves. I get very good results from it with minimal irritation and quite often am able to go over areas without soap (perhaps thats because my lather is so good :lol: ). I also am beginning to like the handle more and more - it takes quite some getting used to, but eventually you realise you have a lot more control than a normal handle as the whole handle is in the palm of your hand.

So where's the catch??

Well I realised today that the razor head may actually be too good! I think its the Mach 3 of DEs! By that I mean that it is just too easy and forgiving - there is actually very little feedback. Prior to using this I was using an English Fat Handled Tech with a feather blade. I am beginning to think I prefer that.

My sig tells you how I feel about Edwin Jagger.
I took the new Jagger/Muhle head off of my Georgian and put it on my Bulbous Lined handle.
I still use the Georgian with my older Merkur head when I travel though and that handle is fantastic.
They are no longer making them, so the remaining stock is on sale and has been for several months. Jump on them while they are still available.

My favorite as well. I use the Chatsworth Chrome every day, and an 89 when I travel. I use Gillette 7 O'Clock sharpedge blades, and I've heard others have similarly excellent results using this combo. Now if I could somehow be happy using the same soap every day I'd start enjoying the cost savings that are supposed to be part of traditional wetshaving.

My favorite as well. I use the Chatsworth Chrome every day, and an 89 when I travel. I use Gillette 7 O'Clock sharpedge blades, and I've heard others have similarly excellent results using this combo. Now if I could somehow be happy using the same soap every day I'd start enjoying the cost savings that are supposed to be part of traditional wetshaving.

I've settled into using a Merkur head at home and the 89 for travel - the latter is smaller overall, fits into a standard leather case, is indeed more forgiving [important when I'm 'on the run'] and not too expensive if the unthinkable happens when packing up one's belongings!

I just started with a DE I bought the cheapest EJ razor sold with the new head 29.00$. I have not even nicked myself yet. I was thinking of getting a Georgian too.

I started with the EJ classic in ivory and couldn't be more pleased - looks good and shaves great.

proxy.php

Top Bottom