What's new

My new T&H/TGN black badger

This is my new restoration. I took a real clean T&H handle and put a GN black in it. The brush specs are:

22mm knot
50mm loft
proxy.php

I cant speak for this black badger, but my TGN Black Badger (22mm by 53mm) is a bit prickly. It is very soft but prickly. Several tips have split so I think mine might break in with continued use. Mine is a week or so old if that helps.

There is something very appealing about the look of the black badger knots, and paired with a dark handle is a knockout. The potential prickliness is the only thing that holds me back from picking one up.

I installed the TGN Black badger knot in my Ever-Ready F40 handle. It looks great in the blue top/beige bottom Ever-Ready handle. I have used mine about 6 times and it is prickly and scritchy. It does not appear to be getting any better. When you feel it with your hand if feels good, but when applied to my face it is not soft at all. Hopefully it will get better with more use.

My first review of this knot is....yes, it is prickly. Not uncomfortable but it is noticeable. I think this knot will be my extra growth, needing a face massage brush. I will report back in a month or so to report on the amount of prickliness.

I have used mine about 6 times and it is prickly and scritchy. It does not appear to be getting any better. When you feel it with your hand if feels good, but when applied to my face it is not soft at all. Hopefully it will get better with more use.

I have found that if I treat it like a horse hair brush you dont notice the scritchy ends. Use mostly paint brush strokes and it works just fine.

One of my favorite knots and it will break in a bit but still be scritchy, which I think is a good thing. This knot will lather like crazy with anything and leave your face feeling stimulated and refreshed. This knot is highly underrated.

And nice job on the restore.

I am reporting back after a couple months of use in my 9 brush rotation. It still has a noticeable prickliness (although not uncomfortable) to it, this black lathers very well with soaps (that's all I use) and I am really enjoying this knot in a different way than my other badgers and boars.

Cheers everyone

I've been using a BB for several months and I love it.
My previous brushes which were silver tip have gotten increasingly floppy.
The BB has lots of back bone and has hardly shed a hair.

Lovely knot, isn't it? I like the T&H handle you used, here are my restorations using black badger. I went for colour contrast but your black badger on a black handle is spiff!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173769

I really like the scritchiness of boar with the water retention of badger which I feel are the best aspects of black badger. They are really a treat with soaps and I found they also work well with some of my shaving creams (particularly the TOBS and QCS creams as well as my Old Spice Fresh Lime). I currently have a 6 brush rotation at the moment (including these two black badgers) and I use each at least once a week so they're not quite broken in yet after a month. They are still prickly just not as prickly as they were originally.

Top Bottom