What's new

Most under rated cream?

joel said:
John,
To get a little past the "men-u" cream and actually bring up the whole Men-U line.... the shaving cream, shaving brush, after shaving facial wash, and after shaving balm/moisture cream are all OUTSTANDING products. Truly... I think Men-U is some of the best stuff out there. If I had to pick ONE shaving cream in terms of the MOST lubricic/efficacious, it would be the men-u hands down. It also doesn't hurt that the pump top dispenser allows consistent results, as 1.5 pumps seems to work perfect for brushes large and small... and 125 shaves outta one small pump bottle of shaving cream? Good lordy!
Joel, I completely agree. I have been using the Men-U "kit" including all of those items, as my detachment shave kit for quite some time now (I bought mine back when Don over at wetshavers first got the discount going-which was, I guess, quite awhile ago) The only thing I did differently, is back then you could not get the kit with the synthetic brush...so I bought it seperately. I've been using this kit for quite a long time. It takes very little space, and when I go on a trip, be it vacation or duty, this kit is always with me. Yes, I sometimes bring other stuff too....but it is always with me.
Absolutely great stuff and lasts a long time.
John P.

Men-U stuff keeps getting mentioned - the cream is good, if it were on sale I'd definately buy it. The other Men-U item which I would buy again & again, even at full price is the face wash - great stuff, and very economical because the pump bottle dispenses only a very small amount & that's all you need.
I have not tried the brush but the feedback has been good in the past...., one for the vegetarians & vegans.

Regards
John

PD Ron,
I really believe that depending upon your own sensitivites some of the essential oils may be the issue. There also may be an issue of concentration. The QED soaps, to my utter joy, seem to have generous proportions of essential oils despite the fact that they are costly.
The soap itself could not be any more gentle. Perhaps a "fragrance free" is in order?

yasuo200365 said:
Williams Menthol Shaving Cream - better than Proraso & cheaper.

I buy it when in France, Germany etc. Available in several northern european countries and I think in the U.S. & Canada as well but not so widely.

Can't get it here in the UK unfortunately.

Regards
John
I agree, it's an excellent product, but it is a gel, not a true cream.
And not as good as Proraso, IMHO. Still, a good bargain, I always buy a couple of tubes (there are two kinds) whenever I am in France.

Re QED soaps - I agree that nothing could be gentler to the skin than the soap itself. If people have reactions, it is probably to the particular EO used, especially since the best thing about it is the amount he uses. Probably a different soap would be ok - maybe there are ideas out there about which EOs are least likely to cause a reaction?

Also, on the general Under-Rating thread, I think Cremo-Cream is highly underrated. Although I am less experienced in hugh varieties of creams that some here, I definitely have yet to find a slicker lather, or one that provides more protection. Plus, in a pinch, it works just as well brushless. Actually, it protects the skin better brushless, but that's less fun, and you have to use a lot more.

PottyDoctor said:
Scotto,

I just received my QED order last week: Bay Rum, Anise/Lavender, Pine/Cedarwood and Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint. Thus far I have tried the Anise/Lavender and the Pine/Cedarwood; both have left my face burning like wildfire, so I am still undecided if and when I will try the other two fragrances. I have found I do have a sensitivity to some creams, e.g. Body Shop, Taylor New Formula Rose, Proraso and probably a few others.

Could you please elaborate on your "assuming your face can tolerate it" comment. Perhaps you can recommend a QED soap that might be better suited for "the more sensitive." I had read so many good things about the quality of a QED shave, I was really hoping this stuff would work out.

QED has a Aloe & Glycerin (frangrance free) Soap that would probably work for you.

ada8356 said:
QED has a Aloe & Glycerin (frangrance free) Soap that would probably work for you.

Aaron,

I have had several email conversations with Charles since this post about sensitivities and I now have his Aloe & Glycerin Shave Stick and it indeed does work and is a great product. I indeed have had quite a few sensitivities it seems, but I am still working through more products and am finding the ones that work. Tabac has turned out to be an excellent choice, in spite of the fact it is heavily scented. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom