What's new

Madison WI brick & mortar shave stuff!

While visiting grandkid (!) in January at Univ of Wisconsin Madison, found a shave nook in this brick & mortar shop, "Soap Opera", right there on the main drag! Nice array of Proraso, C&M, L'Occitane, Parker, and even some own-brand shave creams for custom-scenting!

Overall, really nice university/state capital city!

Madison Jan 2024  6241x.jpg

IMG_4084(1)x.jpg

IMG_4066x.jpg

Univ Wisc Jan 2024  6339x.jpg

Big fan of them. I like their shave cream a lot — it leaves a bit of a soap residue over time on my razors but is really nice. Nice that it can be custom scented as well.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I love the traditional look of the shop store front, it reminds me of 60's time period, think
A Christmas Story, Ralphy standing in front, looking through store window at his highly coveted Red Rider carbide action ranged BB rifle with compass in the stock that tells time.

1707985612839.png

Also, I've never seen a university campass that looked like a DC city capital. I gotta say, I'm impressed so far. Looks like everybody is having a happy oh time, except for the guy you surprised with the camera in the barber shop haha.

And at night time, let there be light! 😁

I try and purchase what items I can from them. I have tried there shave pucks but not there cream. The pre shave is nice but very messy, getting things scented is hard if you don't know what you like.

While visiting grandkid (!) in January at Univ of Wisconsin Madison, found a shave nook in this brick & mortar shop, "Soap Opera", right there on the main drag! Nice array of Proraso, C&M, L'Occitane, Parker, and even some own-brand shave creams for custom-scenting!

Overall, really nice university/state capital city!

View attachment 1796303

View attachment 1796304

View attachment 1796306

View attachment 1796307
Nice photos and looks like a great shop for the local wetshandhaving community!

You sometimes have to just run into these sorts of shops. I've had it happen over the years in the most unexpected places. I recall literally running into such a store in Salamanca, Spain many years ago. Located just around the corner from the main square of all things.

They do still exist and that's a great thing! 👍

Top Bottom