What's new

Made a 2nd razor this time in damascus

Excellent!

What some of y'all may be missing is the fact that there is only "one" steel on the cutting edge. This allows an end-user to appreciate damascus in many patterns and not have to worry about any possibility of having any micro chipping where two steels are joined at any point along the edge. It's my understanding that aebl is one of the premier steels for thin blades.

I'm glad Hoss did one this way after suggesting it to him. NOW... I just have to wait to find out if he made me a couple billets with the same formula. Hope he remembers the part about my liking tight patterns like the "dot matrix" or the "firestorm". :biggrin1:

Excellent!

What some of y'all may be missing is the fact that there is only "one" steel on the cutting edge. This allows an end-user to appreciate damascus in many patterns and not have to worry about any possibility of having any micro chipping where two steels are joined at any point along the edge. It's my understanding that aebl is one of the premier steels for thin blades.

I'm glad Hoss did one this way after suggesting it to him. NOW... I just have to wait to find out if he made me a couple billets with the same formula. Hope he remembers the part about my liking tight patterns like the "dot matrix" or the "firestorm". :biggrin1:

Thanks Bill,

I'm still figuring things out.

I did a kitchen knife with a welded edge back in May of last year.

We'll get you some steel.

Hoss

Thanks Bill,

I'm still figuring things out.

I did a kitchen knife with a welded edge back in May of last year.

We'll get you some steel.

Hoss

That knife always takes my breath away!

attachment.php

Top Bottom