What's new

Lavilin Antiperspirant: Use it once, go for days with no odor

For around 20 years now, I've been using a deodorant called Lavilin. It's a natural product in cream form which kills the bacteria that cause underarm odor, meaning that your sweat will not smell until the bacteria have a chance to regenerate. I don't have an ingredient list for you, but I know that it contains calendula and arnica, among others, but no aluminum. Depending on your personal body chemistry, it's possible to go for as long as two weeks between applications with no BO whatsoever (in my case, I can get a reliable 9 days between uses with no problem, but as always, YMMV).

The cream is dabbed onto the area where hair is (or would be, for the females out there), usually right after a shower or wash and before bed. The cream is white and about the consistency of spackle; it will not stain your clothes, and has a pleasant, unobtrusive, clean scent that I find enjoyable. That's all there is to it - the next day, just wash as normal and you're good to go, with no more smell.

One point for those of you considering Lavilin is that it does require a "break-in" period, so if you're thinking of trying it out, I wouldn't do so before an important meeting or a first date. Most folks find that after the first few applications, the time that they are odor-free gets longer and longer. Cost is approximately $15.00 for a small tub that should last for at least 6 months, but if you search the web you can usually find it for under $10.00. Each tub comes with a full set of instructions on how to correctly apply the Lavilin, and what you should expect. I don't have a picture, but if you do a web search, you'll easily find one.

NOTE: This is NOT an anti-perspirant, so you WILL sweat as normal. The only difference will be that your sweat will not smell - not even a bit - since it's actually the bacteria and their by-products that cause the stink, not your sweat itself. Once the bacteria have died off, you can sweat all you want with no smell until the bacteria grow back, usually in about 7-10 days.

For those of you who exercise during the day and don't have access to a shower afterwards, this product can be life-saver. I'm a runner here in NC, and even after a 2 hour run in the heat, there's absolutely no smell, not even when I let my polyester running tops air dry and reuse them. I give it a 10 for efficatiousness, an 8 for price (it is a bit pricey for the amount that you get, but you use so little one tub will last for months). The tub is a nice design, and small enough that carrying one in your dopp kit will be no problem.

Overall, a great product that will make your life simpler. One less thing to do every morning, and more time to devote to getting the perfect shave. What more could a guy want:thumbup:

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian! :smile:

I'm not familiar with the brand you use, but it sounds like it operates under the same principle as most deodorants, that is, kill the bacteria that causes stink. Many people are under the impression that deodorant is just a nice smelling goo that covers up your stench.

Hey Rob, thanks for the welcome. As big as your rep is on B&B, I am honored that you even noticed me (insert humble bowing & scraping here). Where in NC are you?

The great thing about Lavilin is that I just don't even think about using deodorant for 90% of my days, and I'm odor-free. The only drawback is if you forget to use it on "your day" (I actually program MS Outlook to remind me, but I'm pretty OCD about most things...). Then, you will notice...something... Overall, though, I couldn't give it a bigger thumbs-up, and have been a Lavilin evangelist with many disciples. Good stuff!

Top Bottom