What's new

I've Joined The Brush Restorer's Of B&B

A week ago I posted on the WTB a request to buy some old brushes that need to be restored. I have received two so far with three more on the way. After reading the posts here on restoring I have been coming along fairly well. In the picture below is an Ever Ready H40 and a Made Rite(?) 3 that I have de-knotted and I'm in the process of smoothing out the holes for new knots. I plan on a Black Badger for the Ever Ready and probably an XH Finest for the Made Rite 3. Both are 22 mm. For knot removal, I used three different sized drill bits and got as much out as possible. On my first handle, the Ever Ready, I did over drill the holes into the abyss below but still have enough left to remake a platform for the new knot. I am smoothing out the sides and bottom of the hole with a Dremel grinding bit attached to a small Bosch variable speed hand drill. Still more to go and I may try redoing the lettering on the Made Rite 3.Thanks to all who have posted good information and instruction for brush restoration. $start (1 of 1).jpg

Certifyd is the brand of the tall handle. Looks like it is coming along quickly. Looking good so far. And welcome to the restorers forum, I hope to see many more in the future.

Thanks for the correction on the name and the welcome. Just did not seem that "Certifyd" was the name. The little Dremel kit has these 20mm round pieces of 220 grit paper that will serve as a base for a thin coat of epoxy for a base for the knot in the Ever Ready hole that I butchered. Your "Certiyd" is really nice for my large hands. I am trying to save the original writing and so far so good. Might just try touch ups.

Certifyd is the brand of the tall handle. Looks like it is coming along quickly. Looking good so far. And welcome to the restorers forum, I hope to see many more in the future.

Thanks for the correction on the name and the welcome. Just did not seem that "Certifyd" was the name. The little Dremel kit has these 20mm round pieces of 220 grit paper that will serve as a base for a thin coat of epoxy for a base for the knot in the Ever Ready hole that I butchered. Your "Certiyd" is really nice for my large hands. I am trying to save the original writing and so far so good. Might just try touch ups.

Great stuff so far i have the same shape Ever Ready but mine is the 200T as for the writing you should have no probs making the letters more legible with some paint i recently did an ever ready with some artist's paint and its great nice and clear...

Top Bottom