What's new

Is this the correct case

Just picked up this Gillette NEW and was wondering if this is the correct case that came with it. Any thoughts? I have seen NEWs in red and black cases. I was thinking this may be for a Ranger Tech

proxy.php

Couldnt pass up the deal on the NEW, now I have a reason to find a useable Ranger Tech:thumbup:

I have seen a few different razors in the Ranger Tech case. I wonder what happened to the correct razors.

Len

The sellers on the bay who are in it for the quick buck seem to just throw a razor in to a case to get a few extra bucks out of it. The user I picked this set up from didnt even know that the razor was a Gillette NEW. And I didnt really do any research on the case until it arrived in the mail.

Noted that this case in question appears to be for the Ranger Tech. I am new at this and wonder if these cases were also used for the early Super Speeds - the late 48/49 model? The plastic cases came out in the early 1950's, right?
Thanks,
Dave

Noted that this case in question appears to be for the Ranger Tech. I am new at this and wonder if these cases were also used for the early Super Speeds - the late 48/49 model? The plastic cases came out in the early 1950's, right?
Thanks,
Dave

No, the 40's SS did in fact come in the styrene cases. This case style was only used for the Ranger Tech.
The 50's style SS came in different styrene cases unlike the 40's model.

Some good SS material here.

Ranger Tech Info here

Last edited:
Top Bottom