What's new

Injector Questions

How good (smooth, efficient, etc.) are Injector Razors versus standard DE razors? And are the vintage Schicks preferable to the current Parker and Supply razors?

When I first got into wet shaving about 6 months ago, I remember someone telling me the Schick injectors were the smoothest vintage razors around

Reactions: Kix
@HoosierTrooper nailed it.

The angle is easy to find, just lay the flat top of the razor against you face and pull. Everything else is a matter of taste.
Neither DE nor injector razors are superior as a class over the other.

The vintage Schicks are dirt cheap, so that might be a factor. And the modern Supply razor is a bit heavier than the Schick, so depending on how heavy you like your razors, that could influence your decision.

Looking at an auction site, I'm seeing a bunch of vintage Schicks under$20 BIN, so if you're unsure, that might be the cheapest way to start. Or keep an eye on the BST forum here.

I will say that I've been happy with Schick, Pal, Supply, and even Parker. It's hard to go wrong.

In my opinion, nothing shaves better than a Schick injector, especially the E and G models. With a Chinese Schick blade (a “Chick”) there is nothing closer, more efficient and easier to use than the injector. It was a superior system over the DE. If more men had adopted it there would have been no demand for carts.

In my opinion, nothing shaves better than a Schick injector, especially the E and G models. With a Chinese Schick blade (a “Chick”) there is nothing closer, more efficient and easier to use than the injector. It was a superior system over the DE. If more men had adopted it there would have been no demand for carts.
Have you ever used a twin blade injector razor? If so what is your opinion? Thank you for your time

Have you ever used a twin blade injector razor? If so what is your opinion? Thank you for your time
For what it‘s worth I’ve used a lot of these vintage Personna Injector II blades over the years and they are fantastic.
IMG_0337.jpeg

I decided to try out Injector razors in early 2023 and since then I have acquired a new Parker Injector and several vintage Schick Injectors. I really enjoy Injector razors and have had many excellent shaves with them. So far all the Injector blades I have tried, Parker & Personna, Schick(Chinese) and Schick(Japanese - Injector & Proline B-20) work very well for me.

I also love my DE razors and almost always get superb shaves from them as well. I really enjoy having and using multiple razor formats(GEM and AC formats too). Expanding my traditional wet shaving experience into Injector Razors has been a very interesting and enjoyable adventure that was well worth it to me.

How good (smooth, efficient, etc.) are Injector Razors versus standard DE razors? And are the vintage Schicks preferable to the current Parker and Supply razors?

When I first got into wet shaving about 6 months ago, I remember someone telling me the Schick injectors were the smoothest vintage razors around
Injectors are so nice that you wonder why you use another razor format.

They are light, very manoeuvrable, no blade chatter, clean every spot.

The only thing that I don't like is the price of their blades. I wish I could buy 100 pieces of blades for 20 usd for example.

Before cartridges I used a Gillette Super Speed that was pretty much shared by my father and myself. Prep was non existent and I remember slicing my face up on a consistent basis. Getting tired of the constant bleeding I went to the local drugstore and found an injector. It was a red, white and blue model marketed for 1976 when everything was patriotic. Years later I found this one and will occasionally shave with it.
image.jpg

Top Bottom