What's new

Informations on Pipe Tobacco Additives (Lists, General Infos, etc.)

Hey lovely B&B folks!

Today, I wanna talk about a topic, which is often overlooked. A lot of us may want to see themselves as purists, that smoke most natural tobacco - me too! But a bit of reasearch reveals, that pipe tobaccos almost always have some additives to them. Be it natural (which I think is OK) or chemical (which I try to avoid at all costs!).
Either way I find this to be an important subject to talk about, so I thought I'd open up a thread to accumulate links and infos on this.

I'll start out with a few links:

__________________________________________________​

Specific Brands Additives Lists:

Misc. & General Informations:
__________________________________________________​
Additional links and informations are very welcome, I hope we can build up a collection of additives, flavorings, methods to do so and alike. I think everyone should be interested in this, as we smoke it! You also wanna know what you eat, don't you? ;-)
Have fun exploring and best regards,

Deniz

Last edited:
Here are some more I accumulated:

- More K&K Blends (Rattrays, McConnell, Savinelli and more):
https://www.sst.dk/~/media/769085885A2243FAB03CAB40019494AE.ashx

- German language search engine for tobacco additives, but you guys should be able to make us of it, the ingridients are listed in english:
BMEL - Tabakzusatzstoffe
Notes: "Produkttypen" = "product type" -> "Pfeifentabak" = "Pipe Tobacco"
  • Menge: 120,9157 mg = "Amount of the used additives
  • Kategorie: Tabak (wird verbrannt) = "Category" (always "Tabak" = Tobacco burnt)
  • Funktion: Umhüllung = "Function" (Umhüllung = coating; Bindemittel = Binder; Aroma/Geschmacksstoff = Flavoring/Aroma; Feuchthaltemittel = to keep the tobaco moist)

Top Bottom