What's new

I got into my first Landscape show (local art center)

I took the photo 1 class at the Sinclair Community College in Dayton. It was black and white film developing and wet printing...

I was encouraged by the instructors to begin submitting to art shows.

I took the photographs after the class concluded and developed at home. I adopted the analog / digital workflow and scanned the negatives at home, did minor ( to moderate) digital edits and took it to the local photo store to digital print. I bought chemicals from Dodd camera for Black and white developing and... from I believe its called The Film Photography Project a C41 kit.
Kitchen sink developing / kitchen table scanning.

I got in a local juried landscape show at Rosewood Arts Center locally. The show I believe is called the view...

These were accepted.
Digital prints at 18" x 18".

Had to share somewhere other than facebook

Attachments

• Brand1.jpg
    Brand1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • Brand4.jpg
    Brand4.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 32
Really great work DougieB. I love the tree-in-the-mist image especially.

Your post reminds me of those pre-digital days when I would develop B&W at home. I had no darkroom so I had to do all my work in the bathroom, stuffing a towel under the door to block light as I loaded film onto a tank reel in the pitch darkness. My trays for prints were in the bathtub.

There must still be a market for processing chemicals though I'm sure its shrunken dramatically these days. It's great to see there are still "old school" practitioners in this day and age. It's something of a lost art for most in these days of digital convenience.

Well done!

Well done, @DougieB. As an old hand at film and wet prints, i applaud your efforts and dedication to a lost art.
Great photos and congratulations on your entries.
Please post more..

Nicely done! Great tones and a good story with that tree in the mist. I like the lines in the river/canal shot--straight wall juxtaposed with curved bridge. As I always say, I'm a sucker for those kinds of contrasts.

Thank you everyone!!!
It is a fun journey. The post may have mislead a few. I developed the film at home
then scanned the negative and printed. It wasn't a wet print. Kind of a hybrid analog workflow that seems to be pretty popular.

The whole bridge series

Attachments

• Brand4.jpg
    Brand4.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Brand5.jpg
    Brand5.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Brand6.jpg
    Brand6.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 11
  • helena street bridge (1 of 8).jpg
    helena street bridge (1 of 8).jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 11
  • helena street bridge (5 of 8).jpg
    helena street bridge (5 of 8).jpg
    799 KB · Views: 11
  • helena street bridge (6 of 8).jpg
    helena street bridge (6 of 8).jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 11
  • helena street bridge (7 of 8).jpg
    helena street bridge (7 of 8).jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 11
  • helena street bridge (8 of 8).jpg
    helena street bridge (8 of 8).jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 11
Nicely done, they look great!

Are you using a special scanner to do this or just a run-of-the-mill office tool?

Thanks!
dave

Nicely done, they look great!

Are you using a special scanner to do this or just a run-of-the-mill office tool?

Thanks!
dave
I use an Epson V550. It seems to be a nice entry level scanner that will handle 120 film. (and 35mm film as well)

Top Bottom