What's new

Huge eBay score.

:biggrin1: I was in there for a while...

:scared: Glad I got out - well worth it, but the DW would have strung me up for buying that at this time of year :biggrin1:

. . .early on. I would have loved to have owned them but way too much to be dropping right at Christmas. (At least that is what my wife would have said!) :biggrin1:

Bulldog, Big Fellow, Single Ring and a New DeLuxe (New Standard style) are what I spot as the stars there. Looks like a great lot, but yes, it went high. After a bunch of work, the new owner should be able to sell most, keep a few choice pieces and get most of his money back.

. . .early on. I would have loved to have owned them but way too much to be dropping right at Christmas. (At least that is what my wife would have said!) :biggrin1:

:yesnod:

C'mon if yours is anything like mine - she wouldn't have said it near that nice :thumbup:

:lol:

Bulldog, Big Fellow, Single Ring and a New DeLuxe (New Standard style) are what I spot as the stars there. Looks like a great lot, but yes, it went high. After a bunch of work, the new owner should be able to sell most, keep a few choice pieces and get most of his money back.

That and as the OP mentioned looks like a Psycho w/key (though missing the key ring).

I too was in for a while . . . but really couldn't justify dropping that much cash this month . . . I wish to remain married!!

Hopefully the buyer realizes that there are some nice pieces there that deserve some TLC and shave time!

Probably some schmuck who will just relist them anyway. :glare:
Not that there's anything wrong with that... I do the same - buy the bigger lots (though I typically stick to the cheaper ones), get them home, sort em out, clean them up properly first.

I kept track on the last fatboy I flipped - I had 14 hours in on the reconditioning of it (had to completely tear it down - adjustment spring was broken) and even 5 passes through the ultrasonic cleaner didn't degunk the internals.... Woohoo! I made almost 2$ an hour :incazzato !

But in the end - that razor looked like new and will be good for another 40 years :biggrin1:

I've picked up a few lots on the bay, Have usually cleaned them up, kept a few, PIFed a bunch, and am holding a Fatboy, Slim, couple of Techs, Knack, couple of SS flares and some SE's for when Mr Scruffy wants to do something

I was the high bidder on that one for, like, two days ... but my max bid was $28. I didn't expect to win, but I also didn't expect it to go for nearly 10 times my max bid ...

Amazing, the amount of hits this got on E-Bay. Ever notice that out of all the items on there, razors seem to generate a lot of interest. It is a true E-Bay item, odd, old, hard to find. Before people started to use it as web hosting for new, everyday items that what it was there for.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... I do the same - buy the bigger lots (though I typically stick to the cheaper ones), get them home, sort em out, clean them up properly first.

I kept track on the last fatboy I flipped - I had 14 hours in on the reconditioning of it (had to completely tear it down - adjustment spring was broken) and even 5 passes through the ultrasonic cleaner didn't degunk the internals.... Woohoo! I made almost 2$ an hour :incazzato !

But in the end - that razor looked like new and will be good for another 40 years :biggrin1:

agreed. I don't think that there's anything wrong with getting these razors back into working order and in "circulation" again. It's better than them sitting dirty in an antique store! :lol:

Top Bottom