What's new

Happy with my first re-knoted handle

This was my furst uneducated purchase of a brush last year - a prickly Pure badger brush. I like this faux horn handle a lot and managed to mount a new TGN knot in it - Silvertip short loft 24/49 bulb. It felt a bit scritchy on touch with the first lather. It's very different than my TGN Silvertip Grade A brush the same size Rudy made for me. I'll see how it goes from here.

Attachments

• $tgnreknotweb.jpg
    $tgnreknotweb.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 165
I just used it for first face lathering. I liked it a lot. It's very good for face lathering. I like it more than the TGN Silvertip Grade A with the same shape and size which is more spungy and too soft for me. The tips of this one have more bite but not unpleasent or prickly, and have more backbone without being too dense.

sweet restore.it will grow on you as it breaks in,ive got a 20mm silvertip set at 64 mm loft and its a lather monster.

Thanks, Arley. I enjoy using this brush a lot. It has amazing flow through. Some people will find this TGN Silvertip hair too scritchy though.

That's true indeed. And it wasn't about the money. I really liked this handle a lot. I spent more money on RTV silicone, dremmel and forstner bits to do it than if I'd just buy a nice brand name brush. But when the outcome is satisfying, who cares about money!

Top Bottom