What's new

Gonna try and make my own brush

And I need some advice on where to buy the Badger hair knot.

The Golden Nib seems to be a good resource, but I would like to take a look at other suppliers (I'm a thorough kinda guy)

Any recomendations from the B&B crowd on a good badger knot supplier - that supplies good high quality knots and ships fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

The Golden Nib seems to be a good resource, but I would like to take a look at other suppliers (I'm a thorough kinda guy)

Or Arizona Silhouette... Having said that, I should also say that Tony's Golden Nib is probably the premier source for individual knots, with a VERY good price/quality ratio. (Look at the knots on Tony's web site and blankety-blanks e.g. and notice that they look very similar, only Tony's are cheaper...).

Henk

Any recomendations from the B&B crowd on a good badger knot supplier - that supplies good high quality knots and ships fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Just use Tony @ TGN :001_smile

Done - I'm going to order a few (maybe a dozen to get the discount!) tomorrow.

Ok, so maybe not a dozen, maybe 2-3 to get started. But I feel the Brush AD coming on...

mm, I've got a couple of spare knots stuffed away just in case.

But that's cause they take so long to ship to Tasmania and if I find a new handle I don't want to wait ( just hope they're the right size ).....that's my excuse anyways :001_tongu

Don't forget to show it off when you're finished....:biggrin:

Best,
Julian

Are you kiddin me? Half the reason I am doing it is to post pictures of it when I am done!!

I hope to get all the mats next week, and finish the brush (in my friend's workshop, with his *very* heavy guidance) sometime the week after.

Top Bottom