What's new

Gillettes history - acknowledges their heritage.

And they say technology moves us forwards?

Last a lifetime razor with cheap to replace and easily recyclable blade to multi-blade semi-disposable with expensive blade that gives a poorer shave and used blade that is a nightmare to recycle due to plastic, aluminium, steel bonded together.

'Cutting Edge Product Development, then to now..' - Right!

Maybe I'm just getting cynical?

and they say technology moves us forwards?

Last a lifetime razor with cheap to replace and easily recyclable blade to multi-blade semi-disposable with expensive blade that gives a poorer shave and used blade that is a nightmare to recycle due to plastic, aluminium, steel bonded together.

'cutting edge profit development, then to now..' - right!

Maybe i'm just getting cynical?

ftfy

And they say technology moves us forwards?

'Cutting Edge Product Development, then to now..' - Right!

Maybe I'm just getting cynical?

If you are, then I'm getting cynical too :blink:...this is definitely a case of 'older is better'. :thumbup1:

Think about it though. King Gillette's marketing philosophy is still in place. The blades never were "cheap", his idea was always to make the money off the blades. Started the revolution with a blade that required "No honing, no stropping", convincing the World to switch to a "better" (?) system.

The razors were inexpensive in relation to the blades. And even when he updated the system the first time (going from the "Old Type" to the "New"), creating the modern DE blade as we know it now, he still made sure it worked in his older existing razors already in the hands of millions.

Think about it though. King Gillette's marketing philosophy is still in place. The blades never were "cheap", his idea was always to make the money off the blades. Started the revolution with a blade that required "No honing, no stropping", convincing the World to switch to a "better" (?) system.

The razors were inexpensive in relation to the blades. And even when he updated the system the first time (going from the "Old Type" to the "New"), creating the modern DE blade as we know it now, he still made sure it worked in his older existing razors already in the hands of millions.

Nice summary. Gillette still does this today, about once a year I get a new handle and 1 or 2 blades in the mail (which I promptly donate to the church). But it is a good idea....give me the handle and a blade...If I like it...I would buy more.

CC

I understand what you are saying but one key element is missing from modern Gillette products and is missing from a lot of things nowadays - Quality

Top Bottom