What's new

Gillette 195 BIN on the bay

The myth, the legend, the bottom adjusting dial Fatboy prototype. That thing looks to be in mint condition, too. This is the kind of razor I dream of finding in an antique store. I have never seen one of these for sale anywhere, so I was excited to see one out there. I was not excited to see the price.

I hope this post doesn't violate policy. If it does, my apologies in advance. I am in no way affiliated with this bay listing but wanted to alert my fellow gentlemen of this iconic razor.

That one has been up for a long time now. The price was reduced a month or so ago...Still a little to high...

As for seeing these. I have only seen 5 including mine. They did not make very many of these.

Despite the stories of other members, these where never sold to the public. My info comes directly from the mouth of the plant manager of the day at Gillette So. Boston.

Nice razor to shave with though, it's to bad they did not go into production.

Way over priced! At that price it should be unused with all of the original packaging included.

How did you happen to be so lucky to get your hands on one?

Suggestions as to how Ray could answer this ...

A) The previous owner suddenly no longer had need of it.
B) I actually made it... with my mind.
C) It was Chuck Norris'. I found it in the gutter after it gave up.
D) Wal-Mart.​

Despite the stories of other members, these where never sold to the public. My info comes directly from the mouth of the plant manager of the day at Gillette So. Boston.

Nice razor to shave with though, it's to bad they did not go into production.

Still more to learn about the circumstances it was produced, quantities, etc. Do you still have contact with the person?

errrr, question.
What manner of packaging would be included with a razor that was never sold?

Basically the same case as a regular Fatboy, just a little longer and with the magnifying window on the bottom instead of the top. I think it also said "195 Adjustable".

Top Bottom