What's new

Geo F Trumper Eucris

I just used it for the first time and where do i start, Wow the smell is amazing. the shave was smooth, no nicks. bought the tube instead of the bowl.
What other scents do the good people from B&B recommend i should i try?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Creams:

Acqua di Parma (order it from overseas)
Santa Maria Novella
Trumper Spanish Leather
D. R. Harris Windsor (dark orange Terre de Hermés type)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Floris Elite
Floris 89

Soaps:

Martin de Candre
Saponifico Varesino
Stirling
Pre de Provence
La Toja
Floris 89 or Elite

That list should keep your bowl full and your wallet empty !

By coincidence I shaved with the Eucris today. The cologne is exactly the same and lasts for at least 10 hours on me.

Stirling vanilla sandalwood soap. If you like a sweet strong scent, you’ll take to this one. And I agree with Steve56 about Trumpers Spanish Leather cream. Fabulous.

My experience with the better English scents is that they are far too strong. I use Eucris aftershave like it is a cologne. I hold my firgertip over the small spout at the top, tip it, and gently dab it on pulse points and a little on the front of my shirt or vest where I'm likely to sweat (in a suit, which I don't have to wear since retired). I can't imagine how strong their colognes are. Not picking on Trumper, I've had similar experience with Truefit and Hill.

I once shaved and used it as an aftershave, and my wife sent me back to the shower to get most of it off. It's a great scent up to a point and my favorite, but to my taste it's very strong. I have one bottle of Eucris, and will last 4-5 generations if they use it like I go. And yes, it still gets noticed (favorably).

I think that it's best suited for men of a certain age, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Much appreciate the list, my wallet doesn't appreciate it though lol
Try ordering a sampler from both Trumper and Trufit and Hill. Just their sampler will last a long time unless you bathe in it. I carry the samples in my dopp kit, that's plenty of scent for a trip.

My experience with the better English scents is that they are far too strong. I use Eucris aftershave like it is a cologne. I hold my firgertip over the small spout at the top, tip it, and gently dab it on pulse points and a little on the front of my shirt or vest where I'm likely to sweat (in a suit, which I don't have to wear since retired). I can't imagine how strong their colognes are. Not picking on Trumper, I've had similar experience with Truefit and Hill.

I once shaved and used it as an aftershave, and my wife sent me back to the shower to get most of it off. It's a great scent up to a point and my favorite, but to my taste it's very strong. I have one bottle of Eucris, and will last 4-5 generations if they use it like I go. And yes, it still gets noticed (favorably).

I think that it's best suited for men of a certain age, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

The age thing is a good point. 12 years ago, I ordered a Trumper sampler directly from them, and it came with a Eucris cologne sample. I found it far too heavy for my younger 40s self. Instead, I fell in love with GFT and began a long relationship with it that has lasted until now.

Fast forward 12 years, and now I love Eucris. That heaviness now feels like comfort, calm, elegance, and maturity.

It's pretty much Eucris or Santa Maria Novella for me these days. I figure why keep buying other samples/tubes/bottles when you've had the best! YMMV though! Have a great day.

Top Bottom