Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I pick out and eat just the cake.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • What's fruitcake?

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
LOL. I just found a Christmas pudding at the back of the cupboard that I think was in a hamper from last christmas.

Still good, though...
Steam it to heat it and make some hard sauce (half butter and half powdered sugar, creamed, a small splash of booze optional. I like to use Irish whisky). You probably already knew about hard sauce, but I thought sharing it might tempt others.

Legion

Staff member
Steam it to heat it and make some hard sauce (half butter and half powdered sugar, creamed, a small splash of booze optional. I like to use Irish whisky). You probably already knew about hard sauce, but I thought sharing it might tempt others.
It was Brandy and custard in my day.

Maybe bake in a sixpence for an extra choking hazard.

i deeply love fruit cake. I would bake them and age them in rum or bourbon for a year.
Reminds me of when I was a child and my grandfather and/or uncle would soak a few fruitcakes in wine for a months or longer. As fruitcake was being cut and served at the family Christmas gathering a conversation would ensue nearly every time as to whether or not it was proper for the children to get any of this special fruitcake. After all, they did not want to expose the "youngins" to any alcohol. Some adult would say any alcohol would have evaporated, while another would still be opposed to it on principle.

As @Doc4 pointed out earlier, we youngins wanted coconut cake, pecan pie, brownies, etc. anyways, so did not want eat much fruitcake, alcohol infused or not. I finally tried the wine fruitcake when I was an older teenager but did not like it, but I think it was that both the wine and the cake were pretty nasty.

Top Bottom