What's new

First Shave with a Futur

Holy Whisker Removing Devices, Batman! I just had my first shave with a Futur my brother gave me and I probably got the best shave of my life.

I did my usual prep (Kyle's routine) using Coral Skin Food and GFT Rose cream with a brand new 7 O'clock yellow with the Futur set to 3. The whiskers just seemed to fall off and I wasn't even sure I was shaving at first. I had to look close to see that it was really removing the hair because there wasn't a tug or pull at all.

Anybody else a Futur fan?

3 was my setting also. I really liked the Futur but the 39C won out. So I sold the Futur and got another 39C. Now my only razors are two 39C's. The Futur shaved just as good but was a bit unwieldly and the 39C shaves just as close without having to adjust it. Also seems the 39C will use different blades with good results where as the Futur seemed to do best with the Feather and not very good with my other blades, astra, shark, merkur, and personna's, both Walmart and red pack. The 39C likes the feathers the best but shaves well with the other blades also. I think the slant will shave okay with a not so sharp blade where as the non-slants, 38C, Futur, etc. don't. JMHO

3 was my setting also. I really liked the Futur but the 39C won out. So I sold the Futur and got another 39C. Now my only razors are two 39C's. The Futur shaved just as good but was a bit unwieldly and the 39C shaves just as close without having to adjust it. Also seems the 39C will use different blades with good results where as the Futur seemed to do best with the Feather and not very good with my other blades, astra, shark, merkur, and personna's, both Walmart and red pack. The 39C likes the feathers the best but shaves well with the other blades also. I think the slant will shave okay with a not so sharp blade where as the non-slants, 38C, Futur, etc. don't. JMHO

I have the 37C and the 39C because I wanted to see which I liked better. It's close, but probably the 39C. Mind my asking why you have two?

Top Bottom