What's new

Engstrom Dannemora f/back

No before pics but this one was in fairly good condition.

This is an Engstrom f/back with the Dannemora cast steel stamp.
The Dannemora mine supplied Europe with quality steel for many years especially Sheffield. So all you Sheffield lovers may actually be Dannemora lovers

Pivot had some bad corrosion but cleaned up well. The apparent crack in the tang is a fold line. I'd often wondered how these were made. Seems the frame may have been forged & hammered or folded over.

The blade was in great condition apart from some light staining & I decided to save the etch. Unfortunately the metal polish did lighten up the bluing on the blade but the patina will come back in time.

Scales are original bakelite & Novus polished. Original pewter wedge & brass pins & washers...

And what a shave ! If ever a razor should have been labelled for sensitive skin this is it.

Suh moooooothh:001_smile

Attachments

• $Picture 1.jpg
    $Picture 1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 103
  • $Picture 3.jpg
    $Picture 3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 101
  • $Picture 4.jpg
    $Picture 4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 105
  • $Picture 5.jpg
    $Picture 5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 104
  • $Picture 6.jpg
    $Picture 6.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 102
Most likely the dude in charge (Master Grinder) that approved of the blade.
Some sort of initials or the crew that worked that shift?

Dannemora re-opened a few years back & are now once again mining some of the finest iron ore available!
http://www.dannemoramineral.se/en/

Oh, and the razor looks stunning mate!

Thanx for the heads up Jens. I thought if anyone knew it would be you :001_smile

That's cool the mine is up & running again. I thought it was flooded.

That is an elegant razor. Your restoration work is very classy. It saddens me when I see historic blades shod with high-tech scales. Great job!

Top Bottom