What's new

Encouraging Brooks Brothers news in K.C.

Good evening gents. Me and my wife were at the Country Club Plaza Saturday doing some early Christmas shopping. As is my normal routine, I stop at the Brooks Brothers store on Nichols Road to see if there are any specials or new clothing I should check out. As I entered the store I noticed that something was amiss. Then it dawned on me. There were no women's or boy's clothes in the store. Period. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach and approached a clerk and asked her what had happened. Imagine my surprise when she told me that Brooks Brothers had opened TWO more store fronts on 47st. which is the street directly North of Nichols Road.. Each store is dedicated to women's and boy's clothes respectively. I knew this had to be encouraging from a sales standpoint and the lady confirmed that business was good enough that Brooks Brothers wanted to make the Plaza stores a real flagship for the area. Yippee! I have been hoping for a few years now that Brooks return to a more classic style of clothing would "take" and it appears it has. This little trifecta along with Jack Henry's a few blocks away finally gives a bloke the options for decent, GROWN UP clothing. Lord deliver us from the square toed dress shoe. To add to the charm, they have the Peal and Co. slippers in stock along with some nice pajamas and robes. Nick Charles would love this place! While I would not place Brooks Brothers in the bargain department, their prices are not as out of line as you would think. When you compare quality to some of the absolute JUNK I have seen at prices bordering Brooks, it makes sense to step up a bit in quality. If you can keep your weight from fluctuating to wildly, the jackets and slacks will last a good long while. If you are like me and only have to wear business casual or suits occasionally, they will give years of service. The wife has encouraged me to just "do it" and buy a few slacks, shirts and a sport coat or two. I suspect that would knock a hole in $1500 pretty quickly. We will see how Christmas goes this year.

BTW, while the mens clothes are what many under 30 would consider stodgy and dated, the womens may be a bit more so. They are NOT old woman-ish. They are simply not the hip hugger, plunging neckline sort of thing that 20 year old hard bodied college coeds would wear. Just keep that in mind. To me it is perfect.

Regards, Todd

Here is a map of the plaza. Click on the yellow squares to see which store is which.
http://map.countryclubplaza.com/

This is a link to the Plaza's main web site. If you come to K.C. it is worth checking out.
http://www.countryclubplaza.com/index.aspx

Top Bottom