What's new

"Dirt" Pomade by Jonathan

I was in Sephora the other day with the Mrs. and was checking out shaving supplies and hair supplies while she was shopping. The salesguy told me that Dirt by Jonathan is the best selling mens pomade by far. I tried some out and it had great hold, not overly sticky, relatively smooth, and smelled like my kid's playdough.

I thought it was great, but a 3.3 oz jar was $26! Not sure if I can justify that. Is there a good pomade that you guys like that isn't priced so exorbitantly?

The ~2 oz. jar is like $16 and it supposedly last forever. I tried it, and it was good, but I just couldn't get past the smell. The sweetness lingered all day, so I had to stop using it.

I currently use the menscience pomade. Its fragrance free, medium hold, matte finish. The $22 price tag is scary, but its a super-hard pomade. I've had mine for about 3 months and I haven't even made a dent in it.

I can also recommend Baxter water pomade for $16. Lighter hold than menscience, but its also concentrated and lasts a while. It's also water-based, so it's not greasy, and has a light citrus smell.

I use John Allan's Matte Pomade. Smells great, lasts a long time, and is the only product so far that doesn't really give that wet look (it still does a little). $22 a jar and it lasts months.

Krew Comb. Only place I've been able to find it is Sally Beauty Supply. Made by Master Well Comb.

http://www.krewcomb.com/.

Not sure if it qualifies as a true pomade, but the jar I picked up yesterday was $7.49 for 4 oz. I've been using the stuff since 2001 when a friend introduced me to it.

American Crew pomade is the best I've been able to find. I've tried others, but always end up coming back to american crew.

I've tried ridiculous amounts of hair styling products over the years, including the "Dirt" (which I actually found good at first), but I've never been satisifed.
If they smell good, have good hold and don't make you look like a sweaty bastard they probably leave some kind of residue behind if you look closely.
The one I finally found, and that I am currently using, is "Frenzy" by Sexy Hair. It's the one.. Good hold, matte finish, no residue and awesome smell. My GF always comment on how good it smells. You don't need more than a small pea size to get the look you want so it lasts a long time too.

Check it out: http://www.sexyhair.com/frenzy.htm

Highly recommended!

proxy.php

Well, hell, if you're willing to pay that much of a good pomade try High Life. You can get it from their website, and Adam ships very rapidly. Runs about $8/can, but you can get a four pack of mix n match for $25. It's the best pomade I've ever used bar none for hold, texture and smell. I buy it by the four pack. The website is www.highlifepomade.com

Well, hell, if you're willing to pay that much of a good pomade try High Life. You can get it from their website, and Adam ships very rapidly. Runs about $8/can, but you can get a four pack of mix n match for $25. It's the best pomade I've ever used bar none for hold, texture and smell. I buy it by the four pack. The website is www.highlifepomade.com

Sounds like good stuff. What do they mean when they say it doesn't wash out? Tough to get out of your hair after a shower?

That just means you hve to lather your hair a couple times rather than just once to fully remove it. That would be the one draw back to the HL.. But I've found the same thing with most pomades.

I may have to pick up a few of these options

I assume I can pick up the sexy hair product at my local cvs and for $8 I think can chance it on the high life...

Top Bottom