What's new

Construction

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Chris, what is this space going to be used for? The construction process looks really over-regulated but clean, tidy and orange. Burnt orange would have been better...Hook'em. Sorry, that's the team colors of the Texas Longhorns University.

I hope its a BBQ joint.

It is a rebuild of our Beef Boning room where we bone beef for export.
The far right that is uncovered at the moment is where the forequarters will enter the room. Then go around the corner into the new boning area.
That part of the room then goes back into the existing part of the room for trimming and packing.

In the center small room where the scissor lift is installing some lights is the pre breaker room. That is an inedible area so is walled off from the boning room. The bones are crushed and blown over to rendering via the pipe going over the roof. It gets processed into meat and bone meal

To the left is the new carton room and vacuum bag storage area. The old carton storage area in now part of the new packing area.
The carton room also needs to be separate from the boning room so is also walled off. It is edible support not a edible area.
It is clean and tidy to meet the heavily regulated requirements of our industry.

Due in a few weeks is about 5 x 40' containers from Sweden of new processing equipment. They are dropping some big dollars in this project.
The room is due to be commissioned on the 10th of October.

The workers trip the fire alarm yesterday sending the whole plant out into a storm. 100km wind gusts and hail. mutter, mutter, mutter......

Sorry no BBQ. I could show you where all the brisket is going but you would cry. Trust me......don't worry I managed to get some raw for me. :001_smile
Here is it before it goes in for cooking.

$20160817_105152.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
So it's a pre-BBQ joint? :001_smile

That's it my Texas brother.....but not what we are cooking at work. That is cooked Sous-vide........it just wrong :mad3:

Now you should know where the best BBQ place is in Wellington.......I look to have one Angus Point End Brisket left if you want to come over.

$20160909_163151.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom