What's new

Can I add edp to scentless cream/croap?

Just curious – I have acqua di Parma oud edp and would really like to know if I can add this to a scentless cream like simpsons or any other scentless grated soap

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There are many examples of adding scent to hard soaps. Here is a thread where I grated two pucks of MWF and added Brut and Old Spice to make two new scented pucks. You could probably just spritz a small amount of scent onto the puck for a single shave, not sure about a cream - give it a try 👍

It's more common to use a scented oil or essential oil, this will mix into the soap fairly easily. If it is a hard soap, you would need to grate the soap and spritz the little soap flakes with the fragrance, then let is soak in and flash off the alcohol for awhile.

Something else you could do (which I like to do with unscented soaps) is mix a bit of shaving cream that has a pleasant scent with the unscented soap when you make the lather for a shave. You get a reduced scent strength, but sometimes that is good. I prefer low scent strength most of the time.

Top Bottom