What's new

BST in New Posts

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I didn't know the BST posts were no longer included in New Posts.

To me, all new posts should be included in New Posts, but particularly BST posts should be. Removing them from New Posts removed a feature and fixed a problem which wasn't a problem.

Happy shaves,

Jim

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback guys. At this point we're just beating a dead horse here.
We can look at this down the road perhaps, but a problem DID exist, and this fixed it.
If you want to see what's new in the BST, open the forum and you'll be able to see all the new threads, and not just repeated threads that got bumped by sellers.

Was checking the Buy - Sell - Trade Sub-Forum there are some good deals, there, I mention this as NEW POST to B-S-T do not pop up with NEW Posts.

FYI

Wish the Software Guru would fix bug.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It’s been discussed. You replied to the thread linked below.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ok - After extensive discussion between the Mod Team, we think we have a good compromise here.

The BST can now be "watched" and members can elect to receive notifications of new posts.

In general, this is a compromise to not having general public benefit of eyes on for people who bump posts, but allows those who do wish to see new posts for purposes of price drops etc. to be updated.

BST posts will still NOT show up in the What's New or New Posts search.

Reserving further action based on what the frequent sellers do and how they respond, and to see if there is any issue which was not readily apparent in the Mod Team discussion about this.

Last edited:
Ok - After extensive discussion between the Mod Team, we think we have a good compromise here.

The BST can now be "watched" and members can elect to receive notifications of new posts.

In general, this is a compromise to not having general public benefit of eyes on for people who bump posts, but allows those who do wish to see new posts for purposes of price drops etc. to be updated.

BST posts will still NOT show up in the What's New or New Posts search.

Reserving further action based on what the frequent sellers do and how they respond, and to see if there is any issue which was not readily apparent in the Mod Team discussion about this.
Thanks…this seems like a good idea. I hope it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks…this seems like a good idea. I hope it works.
I signed up to “watch” the BST thread (alerts only). So far, so good. I got some alerts….it was easy to scan the list and click on the ones in which I was interested. Can’t speak for others, but I think this will work well for me. BTW, I have bought things on BST, but never sold anything. I just like to educate myself about what’s out there. To that end, both the pictures and the prices are interesting to me.

Top Bottom