What's new

Broke My Strop

WAAHH!

I dropped my HandAmerican Chicago Special and it landed staight up on the end you hold onto while stropping. It split right along the glue seam holding the two halves together.

What's the best glue to use to repair my baby?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Tough break Harry.

I was watching a tutorial on Youtube of a guy making a strop and he was using plain rubber cement.
He said it had good set, but remained flexible.

I don't know what the guys who make them for sale use.

I think this is a question Mr. Miller can help you with. Seems like it is only a flesh wound for your strop though:001_smile

Looking good. I sense a solution on the way. Best to listen to the supplier.
If it was my strop, though, and did not have a vendor to respond, I'd use contact cement.

Got my repaired strop back from Keith earlier this week. He also sold me a 905 at half price because the diamond embossing on the back wasn't up to his standards.

It's two pieces are not glued together, so it requires a firmer grip and tug to maintain tautness. Otherwise, after one stropping session they pretty much feel the same.

I spoke to Keith today. I'll be mailing my strop tomorrow for a quick re-gluing.

You must have the magic touch. I have been trying to get a hold of one of his strops for 3-4 years, to no avail. I'm glad you were taken care of, but frankly - i'd rather support another stropmaker, like the fine fella in Japan.

You must have the magic touch. I have been trying to get a hold of one of his strops for 3-4 years, to no avail. I'm glad you were taken care of, but frankly - i'd rather support another stropmaker, like the fine fella in Japan.

ygpm

Top Bottom