What's new

B&B Photo Contest - January 2014 Theme: Landscape - Winner DJH

Since I don't have time to really dig through my stuff and pull a good one, here is an example of the type of landscape I'm faced with on a daily basis for 300 miles in every direction. These types of clouds come about 3-4 times per year, otherwise it's just glaring cloudless sky.

So here it is in all it's right-out-of-the-camera glory sans PP.

proxy.php

From the looks of it, you two are probably within line of sight of each other! Lol. Here its mighty flat, but no real open space and tons of trees, making landscapes much more difficult.

-X

Hello all,
I'm new here and just got done posting in the newbie forum. Looking around a little more I found this
Darkroom forum, and a photo contest. Since I'm a bit of an amateur photographer I thought I'd give it
a shot with this submission:
View attachment 405996
This is from my month long vacation at Silver Lake, on the June Lake Loop in the Eastern Sierra.

This one gets my vote. Beautiful shot.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well, i thought this image of a desserted bunk house on a dry alkali lake bed in Northern Nevada was much better than anything my city can offer. Taken on this years antelope hunting trip.

proxy.php

-Xander

This one gets my vote!

A tough decision this month. evnpar's photo immediately jumped out at me but the movement in Xander's bunkhouse photo was also a great shot.

evnpar for me for this month though. Awesome submissions from everyone - was always going to be a tough assignment but there are some truly fantastic shots in the mix!

Thank you for the kind words, Gentlemen. I should have recused myself from the competition (stupidly, it didn't occur to me) and in future I will post for fun and certainly don't wish to be included in the voting.

I will be in touch with Allen and Bill to suggest a theme for an upcoming contest.

Top Bottom