What's new

Aussie Scuttle w/Comoy Puck

How's it going guys?

Thought it would be appropriate to share my set-up at the moment. I've got a nice old Aus made scuttle that happened to fit a Comoy puck perfectly (not the greatest soap, only bought it to fit the scuttle)
20180805_230339.jpg
20180805_230327.jpg

Newbie here by the way, 25 from Melbourne.

Cheers!

I have a similar type. It was made in England. I got it in an old shop. Can't really figure out the best way to use it. Here is a picture of mine.

Scuttle old.JPG

That looks pretty cool!
Yeah I'm a little confused by scuttles. I just put my brush in the spout to let it soak in the warm water and then load up from a puck at the top and then either face lather or whip it up in another bowl. Do you make lather in the dish there?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the Great Southern Land and the forum. I have a few scuttles but I never use them. I have one similar to the one that shave/brush has shown you. I bought mine at an auction years ago and I put a puck of Edwin Jaggar menthol in it but it is sitting under the bathroom sink doing nothing. I just used mine like a soap container. I just swirl my brush on the puck of soap and face lather. I only bowl lather when I am cleaning a used brush before I use it.

Legion

Staff member
I never really got into the whole vintage scuttle thing. If you have a decent sized badger brush they are hard to jam down the spout. They are really made for skinny boar brushes.

Top Bottom