What's new

Assorted Modest Straights + One Koraat Beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping included CONUS. International to currently active SR posters at my actual shipping cost.

Shave ready? Let's say NO. Even if I've been using them your needs/expectations are almost certainly different than mine — my skin is not particularly sensitive and my beard is not particularly challenging. I'm assuming you'll put your own edge on them and you should assume that too :)

A. $80 Bismarck Spitzenqualitat 6/8
B. $75 Boker Unrivalled 11/16
C. $115 Paul Drees Sistrum 6/8
D. $40 Clauberg Brothers 5/8 ish
E. $60 Rocket 1000 frameback
F. $75 Hoshi Tombo unnumbered frameback
G. $55 unknown Solingen "Best Silver Steel" 7/8
H. $350 Koraat 7/8
I. $150 Ribbon 1000 6/8

1-bis-bok-sis.jpg

2-clau-rock-hosh.jpg

3-bss-kor-rib.jpg

The Koraat and Sistrum are very close to NOS (I've used them a couple times, so not really NOS any more) with the Bismarck pretty close. Everything else has some age, restoration (not by me) or other cosmetic personality :) I am an amateur and relative novice — if you find something I missed or should have disclosed that would have been a deal-breaker had you known, pack it right back up before using and return it for a refund. Life's too short to be needlessly unhappy.

If you need more or better photos let me know and I will try my best to get better phone snaps.

Koraat more info...
Point: squarepoint, Serrations: forged, Shape: normal, Spine: plain, Heel: nick at the razorshoulder, Tang: plain, Finish:satin finish, Hollowground: fine satin finished and gentle polished, Collars: Normal (copper), wedge: white, scale_material: Lightning Strike Carbon, scale design: F, shoulder: single shoulder, Grind: double concave bellied full hollow, size: 7/8.

Much prettier copper highlights from the scales in better lighting, sorry my photo skills are poor...

kor3-resized.jpeg

Some photos from Ulrik...

img_0431-jpeg.1705791

img_0429-jpeg.1705792

img_0430-jpeg.1705790

Bismarck sold.

A. $80 Bismarck Spitzenqualitat 6/8
B. $75 Boker Unrivalled 11/16
C. $115 Paul Drees Sistrum 6/8
G. $55 unknown Solingen "Best Silver Steel" 7/8
H. $350 Koraat 7/8
I. $150 Ribbon 1000 6/8

Boker, Best, Sistrum sold.

H. $350 Koraat 7/8
I. $150 Ribbon 1000 6/8

Just a question, where is the Ribbon razor made? I know some are made in Japan but I also have one made in Germany.

To the best of my knowledge (thin ice, I know) this Ribbon is made in Japan. The photos of the German ones I've seen are stamped Solingen. This one has no country of origin stamp and the only stamps are "Ribbon 1000" on the show side and on the other side the Ribbon trademark, helpfully labeled "Trademark."

Koraat SPF; Rocket moved to a different thread at a further discount.

In this thread the following remain available:

I. $150 Ribbon 1000 6/8

Closing... leftover(s) moved to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom