What's new

Are there any foreign shaving creams, preferably in a tube?

I never knew there was a Wilkinson Sword cream. May I ask where you are located, and of course, how is the cream? Does it have any "extra" ingredients, e.g. the Wilkinson Stick had lanolin in it?
I’m based in Austria, the cream is from Germany but not very common. It’s with Aloe (Full ingredients in the pic). I believe it’s from Beiersdorf as is Florena. The tubes look similar as is the performance. Nothing spectacular just a plain workhorse but much better than the tubs.

51FB0961-BB65-417E-986D-A4CCACF8D0BA.jpeg

303B0B3F-D5EE-421B-B534-BD28AC778178.jpeg

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I always hear a lot about British, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and German shave creams. But I never hear anything of French shave creams.

In particular, I love tubed shave creams. Speick is currently my reigning champion. That combined with a Speick stick is heaven.

But I never hear anything about French shaving creams. Or Polish, or Romanian, or Russian, Estonian, or anything to the east. I have never been able to figure out why. I know that these countries must have good shaving creams of their own, and I know that some must be in a tube.

French shaving creams was the start of this question, but now I am curious about the world in general. Central and South America? Africa? What do they use to shave?
Kapo is a great one

Barbon and Figaro are two Hungarian shave creams from Coala-Alfa. Both are Fougre scents. Barbon is mentholated, Figaro is not. The scent profile of each is different. They both come in vintage style metal tubes. Currently still being produced, but extremely difficult to find outside of Hungary. Both have matching aftershaves, and both of the aftershaves are mentholated.

Russia had a mentholated shave cream called Tet-a-Tet. Discontinued long ago, 2015ish.

Godrej
Old Spice
Yardley
Vi John
Parke Avenue
Vicco sandalwood plus turmeric

This is a list from India which should be generally available in Indian grocery stores.

There is a list of some 15 additional shave creams available in India, but I doubt that they are exported.

Posting a bunch, there are many more !

Screenshot_20230612_140151.jpgScreenshot_20230612_140116.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_140015.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_140015.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230612_135950.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_135950.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230612_135930.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_135930.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Godrej
Old Spice
Yardley
Vi John
Parke Avenue
Vicco sandalwood plus turmeric

This is a list from India which should be generally available in Indian grocery stores.

There is a list of some 15 additional shave creams available in India, but I doubt that they are exported.

Posting a bunch, there are many more !

View attachment 1669666View attachment 1669667
Yardley has some kind off silicon in it. Just want to put this one out here.

And despite it's english sounding name, it's actually from india.

Yardley has some kind off silicon in it. Just want to put this one out here.
I quote from the product page of Yardley Elegance shave cream.

"Super smooth lather shaving cream - The new improved international formulation combines silicone fluid, a special smoothening agent, with other finest of ingredients to offer an amazingly smooth shave for the toughest of beard. Its distinctly sophisticated fragrance makes it a favorite for many."

8903105020442_image-3.jpg

And despite it's english sounding name, it's actually from india.
It was a UK brand taken over by Wipro India in 2000s

Last edited:
Top Bottom