What's new

A good sun screen /aftershave?

My doctor has advised me to use a sun screen. I have light skin and burn easily as well as freckle. As always, your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Sorry I can't help with the sunscreen - I've got an almost olive complexion and don't burn (Southern Italian descent), so I don't use it. If you do happen to get burned, though, Nancy Boy (www.nancyboy.com) has an after-sun balm, which should be really good. All the products I've tried from them have been exceptional - their body soaps, hand soaps, aftershaves, and shaving creams are all really really good.

My doctor has advised me to use a sun screen. I have light skin and burn easily as well as freckle. As always, your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

IMO, I would stop using those stuff and have more broccoli and avoid the direct sunlight during noon time (depending on your location). I used sunscreen and specially in summer they washed off my face and leached to my eyes while biking. I changed my routine and try to avoid those one. Cancer fighting diet is the best approach.

Jack Blace double duty is a moisturizer and sun protector that can be used after shaving. Cetaphil has a spf moisturizer too.

Johnson and Johnson has a line called "Purpose" that has a nice face moisturizer/SPF 15 that I use daily. The dermotologists I work with recommend it, and it is cheap and available at grocery stores, Target, etc.

Neutrogena makes a decent after shave balm that is rated SPF 20. I have very sensitive skin on my face and I used it after a shave before going to the beach this week. No burnin.

I started using the Zirh defend facial moisturizer with SPF15. It absorbs really well, and doesn't make you greasy later in the day. I have combinination skin, and have tried many products and this is the best so far.

Top Bottom