What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

I just roasted 323g of Costa Rica Berlina Natural on my Behmor 1600+. I'll give it a few days rest while I finish up the last of my stash of Organic Nicaraguan SHG Paraiso.

I spent the day trying to decide.

Coffee3.JPG

Costa Rica Carrizal. Bought on Ebay from the Bodhi Leaf auction. Cheaper than anywhere else as long as you AVOID bidding wars and try to get it as cheap as $12.50 for 5 lb. (including shipping). That's the usual minimum winning price and the price to shoot for, if possible. Search for Bodhi Leaf and click on auctions. Then look at your soonest closing and the least number of bidders.

Roasted:

1 lb of Ethiopian Harrar natural processed

1/2 lb of Costa Rica La Minta.

this will do me for the next week to 10 days.

Yesterday I roasted 250 grams of Ethiopia Yirga Cheffe Buufata Konga to just shy of second crack. Five days of coffee for athe household.

two 10 oz batches today on the Behmor
- Papua New Guinea Sigri Estate AA (from roastmasters)
- Colombia Excelso (working my way through a 5# bag from green coffee buying club)

Did 4 back to bach 1/2 lb roasts tonight in the B2-K+

1 Costa Rica la minta to 395

3 Etheopian washed Yirg Kochere to 390

Both right at 2nd crack City+ roast

Got in 5# of Colombian Santa Barbara estate yesterday. I've not had this one in over a year and am looking forward to enjoying it once again.

Two 2kg batches of a Brazil, Sumatra, and another variety that is slipping the mind at the moment. I normally only do 2kg at a time but my son will be taking the other batch with him to the dorm later this week. My brother and I usually split 2-3 full bags of stuff that looks interesting on the spot market at the time.

Ruckin

Yesterday I roasted 2# of Colombian Santa Barbara and the last lb of Kenya AA

Six 1/2 lb batches.

I miss my larger roaster :letterk2:

Today I ordered another 20 lbs of green coffee.

The breakdown is:

5# Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Natural Processed
5# Costa Rica Tarrazu La Minita Estate
5# Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling

The above 3 will be roasted as single origin (SO) "drinking" coffees.

3# Brazil Vanilla 19+ screen size
2# India Robusta.

I will be blending the above 2 along with some Ethiopian wet processed and Indonesian (both of which are in my current stash) for my espresso roasts/blends (for a while to come). I've decided to go back to pre-blending and single roasting my espresso roasts now that I have found a source for good robusta coffee.

Top Bottom