What's new

RIP (discontinued modern or vintage): Soaps that you already or will soon miss

This makes me sad. Someone buy QCS assets and start production again. :a25:

I miss the Colgate pucks. Not for quality, but because I used them in college and those were good times.

Love this one, and it's my favorite to mix with Cryogen. My tub is maybe 1/4 way from being gone so I use it sparingly.

IMG_1456.JPG

I try to avoid discontinued products. The last one I had was a bowl of La Toja Manantiales. I didn't think was all that great to begin with and sold it when it was discontinued. I probably still have half a wood bowl of the last "good" 2012 veggie GFT Rose soap in a box in the basement.

Old Spice. I'm up to 6 pucks in my collection, but, wow, the prices for it on eBay just keep getting higher. It's one of the best performing soaps I've got.
When the water hits it, you know it's going to be slick and dense. I can't believe it is still out there!

Just checked an auction site: $70 for NOS and at least $30 for a mug with a slightly used puck. Crazy prices. If I didn't have an OS mug already, I might go for the used puck and mug combo.

Last edited:
I've never tried the OS shaving soap. It was on the shelves in the 90's when I started wet shaving, but never bought it because it cost too much compared to Williams and Colgate. A few days ago I spotted an unused OS soap and mug on eBay for about $40. :001_07: For a moment I contemplated buying it just to see what the hubub was about.

I Coloniali- wonderful soap with a great spicy scent. It doesn't make sense that they stopped making the soap but still make the balms and all sorts of other products, but discontinued their best seller. Much like the Williams reformulation we will never understand the logic behind their decisions.

Ballenclaugh- This brand quickly made it to my top 10 soaps, thanks to a fellow B&B member I acquired a few more tubs. Have 5 tubs in total so not worried about running out anytime soon, especially being part of a large rotation. Ballenclaugh is just awesome stuff, and it sucks its no longer in production.

I try to avoid discontinued products. The last one I had was a bowl of La Toja Manantiales. I didn't think was all that great to begin with and sold it when it was discontinued. I probably still have half a wood bowl of the last "good" 2012 veggie GFT Rose soap in a box in the basement.
+1...mirrors my experience with the Ralph Lauren Safari shave soap. Loved that scent though.

Sir Irisch Moos

C&E Sweet Almond Oil (have 2 tubes and 1/2 jar left but it's still used only once or twice a year).

AOS Tallow Shave Soaps

marty

Crabtree & Evelyn "Sienna" cream.
proxy.php

I have a tub like this with just a ring around the bottom. Possibly 20 years or so old?
It still works great, but I only use it with my Wee Scot so as to stretch it out.

Top Bottom