What's new

Semogue Owners Club

it's not floppy at all, but splays nicely with a soft, firm feel. and I face lather hard soaps, exclusively.

the SOC 2-band badger is phenomenal too, especially at it's price point.

Mine isn't broken in yet but I love it for bowl lathering. The best I think.

How long have you had it? My experience with Semogue boars says about 90 days (40~50 shaves) is necessary for it to reach peak performance. Remember to only use it every other day during the break in period to allow full drying time in between each cycle.

My favorite boar brush right now, Semogue Custom blond boar, took about 6 months to break in fully. I got tired of waiting for it to break in when I first got it in 2010, so I put it away in the drawer for several years. I pulled it out again in January of 2014 and worked it some more, and it finally got to where I wanted it to be in terms of softness. The long wait was worth it, its a fantastic brush.

There seem to be different versions of this brush out there with varying price ranges. What is the difference other than wood? Also, this is going to sound insane, but is there a way to change the handles? The color doesn't go with my gear, or my bathroom!

I love my SOC boar and I face lather, trust me you'll LOVE IT and IT FANTASTIC :thumbup::scared:
proxy.php

Omega 10066 has more backbone than the SOC boar, because Omega 10066 boar hair is thicker than the SOC boar hair. SOC boar is not too floppy.

The handle is the only thing holding me back at the moment. I hate the color. I wonder if I could dye it black, or have somebody rehandle it. Does that even exist? It is a shame because it looks like the majority of the cost is the natural wood handle to begin with.

The handle is the only thing holding me back at the moment. I hate the color. I wonder if I could dye it black, or have somebody rehandle it. Does that even exist? It is a shame because it looks like the majority of the cost is the natural wood handle to begin with.

@patrickBOOTH you can reknot to a new handle unless you know someone with great hands and skills to do this, not 100% sure about dying the handle in black and why do you hate natural wood color ??? Both Ash & Cherry are natural wood color.

It isn't that I hate the natural wood color, it is just that it doesn't go with the rest of my bathroom's motif, nor my stainless steel DE and black oak shaving bowl. I know it is fussy, but I assume I am in good company.

It isn't that I hate the natural wood color, it is just that it doesn't go with the rest of my bathroom's motif, nor my stainless steel DE and black oak shaving bowl. I know it is fussy, but I assume I am in good company.
If black is what you want I might suggest you save on the wooden handle and purchase a big Omega 49 in black for less than $10. Or perhaps consider a Zenith aluminum handle. Terrific boar brushes and classy handles. Usually $20-$25. TVB Shaving has all sorts of Zeniths.

I would assume you can sand, stain, and seal the handle. it's basic woodworking at that point.

I have no desire to, or to try with it. but I love the ergonomics of the handle myself.

Top Bottom