What's new

Opinions please on some AVON AS scents

Bering very new here , I ask for your collective input.....

So I know there is roughly:

Tai Winds- Hai Karate-ish
Windjammer- Brut-ish
Island Lime- heard it is LIMEY!
Spicy -Shulton OS -ish
Brisk Spice- vintage OS
Leather( too crazy?)
Oland- Armais-ish
Bay Rum - Jug- ( yes)
Bay Rum 1981 old style bottle
Wild Country - ubiquitous
Deep Woods- good?

I found a lady not far away that has 200 bottles- There a few bottle that I actually like ( most I do not) but she is asking $3 a bottle ( full or not) and will deal . She has a sweet Totem Pole bottle that I want even to just refill.

So far I am interested in looking for the Jug Bay Rum and...???

Please throw me your thoughts as this would be fun to find and have some vintage AS in the cabinet to refill some bottle or play with some mixing.

Thanks

Apologies- Please pardon the horrendous typos on my post-- too many thing going on at once. If it should have been posted in the Avon sticky in the first place- make that two apologies:a52:

There's a good discussion of scent comparisons in this Avon thread:

The ALPHA Team is recruiting members

What specifically are you looking for thoughts on?

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to look into the ALPHA thing! I assume it is a group on enthusiasts for AVON? Many many acronyms here!!

I am not drawn to Avon AS really except by a few bottles and curiosity to the BayRum. Since I found a source with so many bottles, I thought I would get the low down on the various scents. At $3 ( or less ) per 5-6 oz bottle- I might pick up a few of the more recommended versions. Seems the only type my dad got when I was a kid was the Wild Country- pretty bland.

Gathering a few bottle to refill from time to time with anything I choose, and have a small supply of scents to play "mixologist" with if desired would be a nice result.

Hoping to see which ones were favored in general or at least more preferred by the knowledge base here. If there are no clear winners I will just throw a hail Mary pass and buy with abandon and see what happens.

Island lime is great, as well as leather. But if you run into Everest, buy as much of it as you can...and if you don't like it you can always give it to me. :001_smile

Love the Leather and it's my favorite by far. The Brisk Spice is good if you can get it cheap. Vintage OS is better. The rest are good, but I only grab them if they are really cheap. Collecting the bottles got old for me. They just took up too much space. I kept a horse head on a post that I keep full of leather. My Dad had one on his dresser growing up and I like to see it when I look at my dresser. Enjoy the sport.

Top Bottom