What's new

Hello from the mobile blood bank

Just thought I would say hello while I still had a pulse. I wish I had kept all those gillette razors when I was a teenager starting to shave. I had tried them all. Went to an electric shaver for many years and now am back living dangerously with DE razors and very sharp blades.

Hello and welcome, Nickie. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Just thought I would say hello while I still had a pulse. I wish I had kept all those gillette razors when I was a teenager starting to shave. I had tried them all. Went to an electric shaver for many years and now am back living dangerously with DE razors and very sharp blades.

Welcome to B&B! What sort of kit are you using?

Welcome to B&B! What sort of kit are you using?
Well, I'm just returning to DE shaving after a long absence. My tools are meager but are growing daily. I am going to order a Parker 99R next payday but today I have a Long Handle Weishi a cheapo DR. Pro and an $18 Feather that I use to re-shape my face. I am using Poraso Menthol mixed in a Schon bowl then lathered in a Shave Nation Stainless Bowl. I have a Perfecto Badger Brush along with a Brand X brush. I am using Feather and Astro Blades. When I want a close shave I use the Feather blade. The next couple of days I am usually in a healing mode and switch to the Astro blade. I have watched so many videos on shaving techniques , I feel like a film critic. However, I am learning as I go and have a huge supply of alum and band aids. I have the Hospital on Speed Dial. I usually only do a two pass shave as I feel I am pushing my luck. Thanks very much for the friendly welcome.

Top Bottom