What's new

WTB- English 7 O'clock Razor Case

Hi All,

I have an English 7 O'clock razor and love it! I just need a home for it. Anyone with a 7 O'clock box? If there is currently a 7 O'clock in it, lets talk. I may want to buy the set. If not, just the box would be great.

Hi tonich,

I found this image online and it matches my 7 O'clock razor to a tee:
7-o-clock.JPG

-chris

Yeah, I've seen the tin online pics; pretty nice. I'd prefer the Bakelite box though. I'll cross my fingers.

That is a really cool razor set that I never knew existed. I thought the Gillette 7 O'Clock trademark began with the current blade offerings. Best of luck with the hunt !

Yeah, my 7 O'clock DE shaves as smooth and a bit closer than either my short or long comb Gillette "New Types." Not a knock on the Gillette "New," the New is hands down one of my favorite razors, esp. short comb.

I am sorry I don't have such a case to sell/trade.
Hopefully someone here will find one for you. Good luck with your hunt! :)

R

romsitsa

Would be a green bakelite 7 o'clock case also suitable? Think I saw one in an antique shop nearby.

Adam

Adam, that would be great! If you could grab it for me, I'll pay for it and can send you a Merkur closed comb or Gillette "Old Type," whichever you prefer as a thank you. How's the condition of the box compared to the image in this post? -chris

R

romsitsa

Hello Chris,

will PM you after I checked price and availability. If memory serves me correctly, it was mint, had very nice "bottle green" color.

Adam

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here is a beat up old 7 O'Clock tin razor case. Its not pretty. Bought it for the razor inside. But alas, it was the wrong razor. D'oh! But its a nice relic for the razor shelf. I have another uncased 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom New that I received uncased, so all is not lost.

IMG_20170223_091814_031.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This photo shows my 7 O'Clock bakelite cased FB NEW, the tin cased 7 O'Clock FB NEW, as well as two Gillette FB Techs... one cased in the bakelite, and one in the standard vinyl #44 set. The 7 O'Clock bakelite case is essentially the same as the Gillette bakelite case, except for the logo.

20170223_093119_resized.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thanks for the pics! Another member is scouting out a Bakelite case for me. Hope it pans out.

Good luck with your search. I think the bakelite cases are just the best. I have quite a few varieties. I really need a green one though! :)

Top Bottom