What's new

JR Cigars

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
A couple of the guys said the JR in Paramus wasn't well stocked lately, so I had to stop in. Forgive the crappy pics, but they seemed pretty packed. Love the cigar lockers.

ouch

0224171447.jpg
0224171447a.jpg
0224171449.jpg

ouch

I recall a time when nobody could get their hands on Arturo Fuentes. Now they have tons of them- almost every style. Nice selection of my favorites, too- Padron.

They didn't have as much pipe tobacco as in years past, but had a pretty nice selection of Rattray, C&D, Mac Baren, Dunhill, and a goodly amount of McClelland. Even had a few tins of Capstan- never thought I'd see that again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Is it correct to assume that the lockers are humidity controlled? I have to wonder what the monthly charges are on the lockers.

ouch

o.jpg
o1.jpg
o2.jpg
o3.jpg
o4.jpg
o5.jpg
o6.jpg
It's entire store is essentially a giant humidor.

I didn't know places like that even existed. I would love to spend a few hours in there and then sit down for a smoke and a coffee.

One of the JRs in NJ has a full bar where you can sit down, drink a beverage of the alcoholic variety, smoke your cigar/pipe, and even order food. They give you a free cigar too if you eat there. I forget which one it was though.

ouch

One of the JRs in NJ has a full bar where you can sit down, drink a beverage of the alcoholic variety, smoke your cigar/pipe, and even order food. They give you a free cigar too if you eat there. I forget which one it was though.

Whippanny. It's the better of the two, but I can walk to Paramus.

Whippanny. It's the better of the two, but I can walk to Paramus.
Ah, that's right... I just remembered that there was a Shake Shack by the Paramus one.

And I agree, the Whippany one is better. My parents live like 20 minutes from the Paramus one, and 30 minutes from the Whippany one, but I'd make the 10 minute extra journey to go to Whippany. I should drag my pops with me to JR the next time I'm up visiting, so I can search through their pipe tobacco and see if I can find any nicely aged tins.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have to assume the haze in the pics is from cigar smoke and not a dirty phone lens?

Top Bottom