What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Classic Smith? Model 58 :)
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Not only reloading, also casting my bullets. :)

One is a little 5 shot Taurus Tracker, I may eventually start carrying it occasionally.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
ah, a fellow Boolit maker. Love me the galena.

Hopefully a Keith SWC is among them; that caliber would be a natural.

Almost as good as my .452s ... :a5:

AA

I have a nice Mihec hp that I've been liking for .452 as well as a his and ballisticast versions of the H&G 68.

I have Mihec Keith clone, 265 trushot clone, 170gr 411640, 251gr NOE

Disturbing number of others. Razor Acquisition Disorder will never surpass Mould Acquisition Disorder.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have a nice Mihec hp that I've been liking for .452 as well as a his and ballisticast versions of the H&G 68.

I have Mihec Keith clone, 265 trushot clone, 170gr 411640, 251gr NOE

Disturbing number of others. Razor Acquisition Disorder will never surpass Mould Acquisition Disorder.

Wish I could afford mold acquisition disorder! Esp. steel Lymans. I keep regretting cheap Lee orders. Anyways.

What is that above? Are Glocks coming with cleaning kits now?!

AA

Wish I could afford mold acquisition disorder! Esp. steel Lymans. I keep regretting cheap Lee orders. Anyways.

What is that above? Are Glocks coming with cleaning kits now?!

AA
What's worst about MAD, most of my molds are NOE and Mihec. Soon to be a couple from Accurate Molds, need to order them.

Got this yesterday; Colt AR6721. One thing odd about it is it has the roll markings of a 6920 and the serial starts with LE. Topped it with a Vortex Spitfire optic I had laying around.
20170301_195954.jpg
20170301_185406.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Got this yesterday; Colt AR6721. One thing odd about it is it has the roll markings of a 6920 and the serial starts with LE. Topped it with a Vortex Spitfire optic I had laying around.
View attachment 772812 View attachment 772813

Gotta luv the 'Prancing Pony'. :) Nothing odd about it at all. There are several LE versions. The 6940 is another one. The LE6920 is pretty much the true version of the military's M4, except for the FA capability. Your 6721 actually fills the LE roll in the truer since. While it has a HBAR, the 6920 does not. The 6920 is a 1 in 7" twist while your 6721 is a 1 in 9".

Gotta luv the 'Prancing Pony'. :) Nothing odd about it at all. There are several LE versions. The 6940 is another one. The LE6920 is pretty much the true version of the military's M4, except for the FA capability. Your 6721 actually fills the LE roll in the truer since. While it has a HBAR, the 6920 does not. The 6920 is a 1 in 7" twist while your 6721 is a 1 in 9".

Thanks! I like the 1 in 9 twist and my Hornady manual states that 1 in 9 will handle the Hornady 68 grain bullets. Don't see a need (for civilian use) for a 1 in 7 twist.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks! I like the 1 in 9 twist and my Hornady manual states that 1 in 9 will handle the Hornady 68 grain bullets. Don't see a need (for civilian use) for a 1 in 7 twist.

68 grains will punch thru a few obstacles. And that heavy barrel of yours is pretty rugged also and will definitely take some abuse.

I used to shoot 69 grain through my 1in9 for highpower matches. Worked really good. Used the same load in my Savage 110 for varmint shooting. Very accurate at 200 yards.

I used to shoot Sierra 69 grain HPBT loaded with 26 grains of Winchester through my 1in9 for highpower shoots. Some of the guys I shot with had the 1in7 and would use an 80 grain for the 600yd targets.

I used the same 69 grain load for my Savage 110 with a 1in9 for varmint loads. Shot on at 50, 1 inch high at 100, on at 150, and an inch low at 200. It would drop almost 26 inches at 400 though.
I could run a 1/4 inch group with it at 100 from my savage, but my iron sighted Bushmaster sporter, well... it was more of a pattern than a group. I'm sure a lot of it was operator error though.

Top Bottom