What's new

Mike Swofford Memorial Super Speed Saturdays (MSMSSS)

1951 SuperSpeed / Feather

Whipped Dog Boar
Tabac Shave Soap
'TabacaVeg' ASL

proxy.php

Vintage Williams
Vintage Fuller w/ WSP Silvertip
Gillette Redtip
Gillette Silver Blue
WSP Barbershop as
Hi Gabe. How do you like the WSP aftershave? I have a few of there soaps and beard oils (Barbershop is a great scent), but have't tried the AS yet. Great pic form last week BTW.

I'm all Fatboy for February. So no Super Speed Saturday for me, but I'll be back in March.

I really enjoy WSP AS. It is more nourishing than other AS. I believe it contains a few oils and some glycerin. The scent lasts about 4-5 hours on me. To compare, Fine and RR aftershaves lasts about 7 hours on me. I am lucky enough to live about 15 minutes away from them. I was able to visit their store and smell every product. I also got a little tour of their operation. I like the Barbershop scent, but Matterhorn is my favorite. I highly recommend Matterhorn if you haven't tried it.

That's cool that you live so close, I'm lucky enough to have a local barber who stock WSP. He doesn't have every scent on hand, but has several that I can smell before buying. He does have a few aftershaves, I keep thinking I should try one, but wind up getting a soap or beard oil. I haven't tried Matterhorn, I'll have to see if he has it. My favorite is Tobacco also really like Mahogany, Barbershop, Gaelic Tweed. Actually they all smell great.

MSMSSS shave for 25 February, 2017
1954 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip (Z-4) refurbed and refinished in GunKote
Feather (4)
Wolf Whiskers 24mm Envy White
CBLindsay's Jeris Shave Soap
Pinaud Clubman
Sung Homme by Alfred Sung​
20170224_183209[1].jpg

Nice posts and pics today, gentlemen! I am in Fixed 4 for March so won't be using the superspeed for a few weeks. Plus I am waiting for my two Red Tips to come back from CAP Smith at Vintage Razor Repair, and Chris Evatt at Razorplate. They will most likely be here for the start of April.

Top Bottom