What's new

RIP - Alan Colmes

Fox News contributor Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66. I didn't agree with his views, but he is definitely gone way too early.

Wow, that is sobering. My views are typically the opposite of his, but I enjoyed seeing him debate Hannity in the past. Sad.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Hard to believe he was 66. Harder to accept that he's gone. On opposite side of political spectrum from me, and, yes his jousting with Hannity was fun (albeit lopsided...). RIP indeed.

RIP. Enjoyed watching him when he was paired up with Hannity a few years ago. Unlike some folks in his business, he could have a coherent disagreement without the discussion getting too heated and hostile.

Alan Colmes struck me as one of those few talking heads on tv who didn't take himself seriously. This is a trait that is sorely lacking in the mainstream media these days.
I didn't know, until reading the obits elsewhere, Colmes had a background in stand-up comedy. Shouldn't have been surprising since I laughed with and not at, him during his time with Hannity...and Hannity is supposed to reflect my views!
His sister-in-law is Fox News contributor Monica Crowley who wrote a really good book, if you want to check it out, on her years as a personal assistant to post-resignation Richard Nixon.
RIP, Mr Colmes, your kind will be missed among the shouty blathering of our moral and intellectual superiors (and considering the horrific obit posted on Slate, my observations are absolutely reverential).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Alan Colmes struck me as one of those few talking heads on tv who didn't take himself seriously. This is a trait that is sorely lacking in the mainstream media these days.
Agreed. I differed with William F Buckley on a lot of things, but he (and Alan) came from a time where you could rationally discuss differences. RIP- 66 is far too young.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I disagreed with almost every position he held, but I couldn't think of a nicer guy. Very sad to hear of his passing.

I used to listen to Alan Colmes back in the early 90s. Yes, I was a liberal in those days. I changed over the years and became more conservative. Alan never changed, but he was a class act and will be missed.

Top Bottom