What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Trying my first ever bowl of Pembroke...don't care for the tin note, but so far I'm liking the taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying my first ever bowl of Pembroke...don't care for the tin note, but so far I'm liking the taste.

That was my initial impression as well. I got over the tin note quickly enough, 'cuz it's durned tasty.

That was my initial impression as well. I got over the tin note quickly enough, 'cuz it's durned tasty.

I could definitely see myself getting over it...gotta see what the lady of the house thinks now. I really hope I can find more. It's the only tin of any of the Esoterica blends I've found locally and I've been holding this one three months before cracking it tonight.

Pembroke is growing on me, I think part of my problem is the first time I tried it was in an unsmoked morta. Each concurent smoke since then has been better and better. But, its still no Stonehaven.

Pembroke is growing on me, I think part of my problem is the first time I tried it was in an unsmoked morta. Each concurent smoke since then has been better and better. But, its still no Stonehaven.

Yeah, I'm gonna get my timing right sooner or later and score some Stonehaven eventually. I'm 0-3 so far in catching it in stock haha

1487811193483195426339.jpg pirate kake in Briarworks Location /r/pipetobacco POTY.
Despite the Pirate Kake being 75% Latakia I didn't get the lat-bomb people say it is. New tin. Tinned in January. Didn't need to dry it much if any. It came apart easily and rubbed out just fine. Still an enjoyable smoke. But perhaps I miss a lot of smoke and pine by working in hickory smoke 60 hours a week.

Edited to add: Coopdoggy says S'up?! He is the boozehound. My other one is the coffee and tobacco hound...

I enjoy Pembroke. The owner of my local B&M loves it. He's always giving me samples but he never wants anything when I offer it (except Irish whiskey or scotch) Pembroke almost made him buckle.

View attachment 763690 pirate kake in Briarworks Location /r/pipetobacco POTY.
Despite the Pirate Kake being 75% Latakia I didn't get the lat-bomb people say it is. New tin. Tinned in January. Didn't need to dry it much if any. It came apart easily and rubbed out just fine. Still an enjoyable smoke. But perhaps I miss a lot of smoke and pine by working in hickory smoke 60 hours a week.

Edited to add: Coopdoggy says S'up?! He is the boozehound. My other one is the coffee and tobacco hound...

That's a cool looking pup ya got there...pipe's not bad either

That's a cool looking pup ya got there...pipe's not bad either

Thanks! The Brittany has stolen my heart as a breed and he is the best one I've had. The pup is crazy and full of vim and vigor. Both are liver and white and the world to the LOTH and I.

Pipe is a lot of fun! Wouldn't mind a bigger Lovat but it does well for quick smokes!

Thanks! The Brittany has stolen my heart as a breed and he is the best one I've had. The pup is crazy and full of vim and vigor. Both are liver and white and the world to the LOTH and I.

Pipe is a lot of fun! Wouldn't mind a bigger Lovat but it does well for quick smokes!

That's awesome. My family raised Boykin Spaniels growing up but I've not owned a Spaniel in 10+ years. Wife has two barking rats...I mean Chihuahuas now, and I've got a lazy and happy mutt adopted from the humane society. She's sitting out with me while I smoke this Pembroke!
Excuse the mess...carport is currently a disaster area hahaha

Top Bottom