What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2017

Rock and Rye Slow & Low, and Buffalo Trace bourbon.

proxy.php

Took delivery of these a couple of weeks ago.. both from Applewood Distillery in the Adelaide Hills.. the cherrycello is a cherry liqueur made from cherrys that are too small for the fresh eating cherry market- a fabulous way of using a "waste" product.. Tastes like cherry ripe and red robitussin cough mixture.

The "Red Okar" is a liqueur distilled from the Australian native "lillypilly"/riberry fruits... it works fantastically as a substitute for Campari bitters
IMG_1075.JPG
in a Negroni or Americano ("Australiano")

So I was in PA this week for business and found me some Dad's Hat Rye to pack in my suitcase. Stopped at the store on the way home from the airport to pick up some dinner and saw they now have Rittenhouse, so picked up that and some nice Vermuth. I'm about set for the weekend :)

495984-dafb9f1508f86c1afe4e9bbeb5db31f9.jpg

Attachments

• P1030880.JPG
    P1030880.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
I managed to pick up these this week. Opened up the Michter's Barrel Strength and it is quite good. The EC Barrel Proof was the last one the store had so I was happy to grab it. Interestingly, the EC has the 12 year age statement on the side which is now missing from the standard EC bottles. Anyone else had a chance to try any of these yet?

full

full

Top Bottom