What's new

Howdy!

I've been here a while so thought I would say hello. I am a middle aged woman who has been wet shaving since I was 12 (legs for the summer:). I was taught to shave my legs with my dad's old tto non-adjustable Gillette. I still have it packed away:) I used the normal canned shaving cream/gels until September 2016. Now I use soaps & creams with relish and finally enjoy something that was a chore. I have always used both DE and SE razors...new as well as old. I have been straight razor shaving since last fall and love it. It is my preferred method of shaving my face. I have both cut throat & Japanese style razors. (Feather replaceable blade style...would love a kamisori.) YES, I said my face (forehead included.) Now, my face is soft and my lotions can really work. So, fellas, if you have ladies in your life let them know that face shaving for women is a cost effective way of removing dead skin, removing that fine peach fuz we get as we age and getting circulation to the skin. What would cost hundreds (HUNDREDS!!!) of dollars for an aesthetician to do we can do for peanuts! What a way for your honey to share in your obsession, I mean hobby. No more grief of you spending money on that dang soap/aftershave/razor/balm from the shaving store thus keeping her from getting the 50th pair of shoes/purse/make up she will wear maybe once then take up the closet/the entire vanity top...I mean really, really needs and will always use:)

I am a retired 20 year military veteran (army/air guard). I am partially disabled...work part time in the plumbing department of a semi national DIY store. I take care of my aging, partially disabled navy veteran father (strokes). I love riding my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan 650s, fishing, camping, backpacking, animal watching, reading, old movies, my quiet time, animals, old cars (especially Corvairs), firearms & militaria, knives and cooking new recipes (love camp cooking.) I am often in my own world planning trips, thinking of fishing or analyzing something that is only important to me (shaving lately.) If I am jabbering like I am on crack I am prolly having a pre migraine episode. Normally, I am quiet and don't even know you're there...lol.

So, fellas, I know this is kinda y'alls man cave in a way...but, get your gals involved in wet shaving. Hell, use me to get them going. Just thought I would drop a line letting y'all know who I am and what have you.

Hello and welcome, nannybear. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Thanks for your service and that of your dad.

oh sorry...thought I was to do it here....it wont let me fill out the form....
ty and you are welcomed:)

Greetings and welcome to B&B! Your comment about corvairs brings back memories, as I owned and drove one back in the day. That was 40 plus years ago, but I remember it was an absolute hoot to drive. :thumbup1:

ps - Love your avatar!

Greetings and welcome to B&B! Your comment about corvairs brings back memories, as I owned and drove one back in the day. That was 40 plus years ago, but I remember it was an absolute hoot to drive. :thumbup1:

ps - Love your avatar!

what year and model? my dad had monzas and corsas...greenbriar van and a rampside.....ty on the avatar:)

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. We're always happy to get more ladies here. As a military veteran, you should join the Foxhole Shavers Club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods forum in the Shave Wiki.

Welcome! You share many interests of your brethren here. Why not share your favorite camp recipes in the Mess Hall? The Great Outdoors forum sounds like one you would enjoy as well. Enjoy your time here. :)

thanks guys...I will have to go to the mess hall....i'm looking for a killer chicken/beef curry recipe.

thanks! ya, I really gotta get out of my shell...welcome to the forum as well. dude, what the hell is on your head?

Top Bottom