What's new

Order of the British Empire or maybe FOLF

I’m only several months into this wonderfully addicting hobby and we are going to London in July. I plan on stopping at TOBS, D.R. Harris, Trumper, and Harrods. Am I missing any other places that are a must? Also, what suggestions on items to get in London that maybe would be harder to get in the States? I have TOBS sandalwood and a Simpson T3 brush so far. I was thinking of getting a razor maybe to remember the trip but also a brush, and a couple soaps/creams and aftershaves. Suggestions would be kindly appreciated…then I could really be in the club 👍

I’m only several months into this wonderfully addicting hobby and we are going to London in July. I plan on stopping at TOBS, D.R. Harris, Trumper, and Harrods. Am I missing any other places that are a must? Also, what suggestions on items to get in London that maybe would be harder to get in the States? I have TOBS sandalwood and a Simpson T3 brush so far. I was thinking of getting a razor maybe to remember the trip but also a brush, and a couple soaps/creams and aftershaves. Suggestions would be kindly appreciated…then I could really be in the club 👍
I think you’ve got a nice list right there. It’s a good idea buying a bush or razor as a souvenir 👍

D R Harris (St James Street) has by far the best selection of razors. While you're there make sure you have a good sniff of their Arlington soap and aftershave - it smells awesome! They have a second, smaller shop on Piccadilly as well.

TOBS carries a selection of Simpson brushes which is worth a look and their range of creams is excellent but my recommendation would be to pick up a puck of Sandalwood in their wooden bowl.

With Geo F Trumpers I recommend you go to their original shop on Curzon St which is a beauty. It is also bigger than their satellite shop along Jermyn St. Their Extract of Limes is a real treat!

There is also Truefitt & Hill on St James St (pretty much opposite D R Harris).

If you venture over to Carnaby St you will find the very pleasant Muhle store on a side street.

Hope you have a good trip and enjoy yourself 👍

D R Harris (St James Street) has by far the best selection of razors. While you're there make sure you have a good sniff of their Arlington soap and aftershave - it smells awesome! They have a second, smaller shop on Piccadilly as well.

TOBS carries a selection of Simpson brushes which is worth a look and their range of creams is excellent but my recommendation would be to pick up a puck of Sandalwood in their wooden bowl.

With Geo F Trumpers I recommend you go to their original shop on Curzon St which is a beauty. It is also bigger than their satellite shop along Jermyn St. Their Extract of Limes is a real treat!

There is also Truefitt & Hill on St James St (pretty much opposite D R Harris).

If you venture over to Carnaby St you will find the very pleasant Muhle store on a side street.

Hope you have a good trip and enjoy yourself 👍
Wow that’s super helpful! I’m going to screenshot those recommendations. I didn’t know there were a main and satellite Trumper store and a Muhle store! I am really liking the lime cream from Castle Forbes so I’m glad you mentioned the extract of limes. I definitely want to pick out a new Simpson brush too so you hit all the hot spots I was looking for thanks. 🍻

Simpson & TOBS make for a good team

IMG_20240509_174002138~2.jpg

Wow that’s super helpful! I’m going to screenshot those recommendations. I didn’t know there were a main and satellite Trumper store and a Muhle store! I am really liking the lime cream from Castle Forbes so I’m glad you mentioned the extract of limes. I definitely want to pick out a new Simpson brush too so you hit all the hot spots I was looking for thanks. 🍻
My pleasure :)

Top Bottom