What's new

Owning more than 1 safety razor?

I am very new to wet shaving. And before jumping, I choose carefully what razor to get as my first. I thought you only need one. But reading alot of topics from this site, it looks like having more than 1 razor is the norm.

So is owning more than 1 razor a must? just curious.

I have a Mulhe r89 and was thinking of getting either a r41 2011 or maybe a feather as. But not yet sure...
Although this post is quite old, I stumbled upon it so here goes. I am new. Wet shaving for maybe 2 months. Through the cheap prices on Ebay, I have around 20 razors now. Not sure what it is beyond how beautiful they really are and the fact that I can own 20 for less than a year's worth of cartridges. I'm narrowing mine down to hopefully 3 or 4. Some will be given as gifts and some will go onto ebay for someone to find and enjoy much as I did. One of the earlier posts said they have a lot so they can find the "perfect" razor for them.

So far my perfection is a flare tip super speed (face) and a Holy Black SR-71 (head). I'm about to step into the world of adjustable razors. I just ordered a black beauty, 2 fat boys, and a slim.

I have found that I prefer vintage as opposed to modern. The vintage razors seem to cut and nick less than my modern razors. Not sure if this helps or not.

Although this post is quite old, I stumbled upon it so here goes. I am new. Wet shaving for maybe 2 months. Through the cheap prices on Ebay, I have around 20 razors now. Not sure what it is beyond how beautiful they really are and the fact that I can own 20 for less than a year's worth of cartridges. I'm narrowing mine down to hopefully 3 or 4. Some will be given as gifts and some will go onto ebay for someone to find and enjoy much as I did. One of the earlier posts said they have a lot so they can find the "perfect" razor for them.

So far my perfection is a flare tip super speed (face) and a Holy Black SR-71 (head). I'm about to step into the world of adjustable razors. I just ordered a black beauty, 2 fat boys, and a slim.

I have found that I prefer vintage as opposed to modern. The vintage razors seem to cut and nick less than my modern razors. Not sure if this helps or not.
Mustang, welcome.

I'm coming up on my 15th anniversary of wet shaving an still regularly use Super Speed's, fatboys, black beauties and slims. They are fine razors.

I'd recommend sticking with one razor for a number of weeks until you build some muscle memory. After you've grown comfortable with your new, old razors, be sure to check out the wonderful world of Gillette Techs.

Mustang, welcome.

I'm coming up on my 15th anniversary of wet shaving an still regularly use Super Speed's, fatboys, black beauties and slims. They are fine razors.

I'd recommend sticking with one razor for a number of weeks until you build some muscle memory. After you've grown comfortable with your new, old razors, be sure to check out the wonderful world of Gillette Techs.

Gillette Techs are awesome. I have a bout 20 of them if you include the travel sets. They're so simplistic but I love the mild shave they provide. The reason for so many is I've been scavenging parts for the pocket editions to give as gifts the coming Christmas. lol

Top Bottom