What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

How’s things going guys- this morning it was some I believe 🤔 peruvian beans(I’m sitting down right now typing and i don’t feel like getting up to see the companies name) ground up and brewed by the Moccamaster. I shaved too so I’m ready to start the week! You gentlemen have a blessed day and like always may the road rise to meet you all. Take care fellers ✌️

Lavazza made in a stovetop Moka pot.

IMG_6980.jpeg

Just enough Organic Sumatra for one last mug. Lot of yard work once it drys out today. I have surrendered to the urban deer herds that we have, they have eaten supposedly deer proof plants. I am removing the flower beds beside the house and planting grass. It’s not lack of habitat or urban sprawl, it’s adaptation that has caused the population explosion. Yesterday, I watched one jump a six foot fence to get to plants on a patio.
IMG_4779.jpeg

Madness takes its toll. Have exact change.

Sorry for the extended absence. Nothing bad... just, well, life. Between the Major's father-in-law living w/him for a few weeks, bringing his dog + bird w/him, and his CO taking a 10+ day cruise w/his sister to celebrate their joint 50th birthdays (3 days apart), at the same time as contractors converting his back deck to a proper sunroom... well, he's had his hands full.

Fortunately, good coffee has been around, which does soften the blow a bit. His father-in-law prefers K-cups of Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend w/plenty of heavy cream + 2 Splenda packets per mug. The Major did help him see the appeal of really good stuff, though, like Haitian Blue from Volcanica, or Yaucono, which the Major currently enjoying.

As far as the sunroom goes, as the Major has mentioned in the past, the former resident of this house was one of those people who thought they were really handy, but often bit off too much to chew. This led to such things as all the drains from the kitchen leading to a single 1" joint in the drainpipe, + a back patio where the walls weren't properly squared (joints not at 90-degree angles), the floor was basically crappy astroturf, and the outlets were all ungrounded (save the one that the Major's aforementioned father-in-law installed). So, converting this patio into a sunroom required effectively replacing everything save the roof, which has an inexplicable hole for a skylight. Yes, a skylight, in the roof of a covered patio. Gah.

The contractor the Major choose is the most infuriating kind of mixed bag possible. On one hand, the work they do is incredible. But the way they communicate, both with me and even with their own employees and the one subcontractor they use, the electrician, is awful. And their project management has been equally painful. The Major had hoped that everything would be complete by the time his CO returned from her 10-day cruise. Instead, they're still working on it. Gah again.

Speaking of the Major's CO, it appears that she, as well as almost everyone else who took this cruise, returned from it with a sinus infection. Fortunately, this is the kind of bacterial infection that responds very well to antibiotics, and his CO is feeling markedly better since starting a course of them. But, until then, she was in utter misery.

The really good news, though, regards the Major's father-in-law. He's doing very well, and has moved back into his own apartment. A few days ago, he took his bird home with him. So far, the dog's staying with us, since a dog is a lot more work than a bird, and the Major's father-in-law wants to get his conditioning up before he returns home.

Again, sorry for the absence,
-MO

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
MO, I'm glad your Father-In-Law is doing better. Sorry to hear that your better half has that sinus infection.... Cruise ships scare me. It's like being in a confined city.... all sharing germs. It's unavoidable.

That is one of the reasons we avoid cruises but the main reason is we like to explore places we visit on our own... .Learn where the locals eat... absorb the local culture, etc. It's harder to accomplish that with the schedules cruises require.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have to admit, I really do enjoy drinking coffee when I'm relaxing at home instead of while I'm driving around, delivering food.

So, this morning, I had to run to the mechanic to get some work done on my car.... I have to go back later this afternoon... New tires, alignment. He ordered the replacement wheel well cover that I managed to tear up when I first got this car and wasn't used to how low is sits... and where the front end is... I have that figured out now, but the damage was done. The new tires will show up around 3PM.

Anyway, I didn't make any coffee to bring along. I waited until I got home.... brewed up some Don Pablo's Colombian Supremo in our SS French press... and into my Grandpa Yeti.... and have been sipping on it as I've been listening to music and reading B&B.

We are getting up to 90F today with 43% humidity.... Summer is here.. ;)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

Sorry for the extended absence. Nothing bad... just, well, life. Between the Major's father-in-law living w/him for a few weeks, bringing his dog + bird w/him, and his CO taking a 10+ day cruise w/his sister to celebrate their joint 50th birthdays (3 days apart), at the same time as contractors converting his back deck to a proper sunroom... well, he's had his hands full.

Fortunately, good coffee has been around, which does soften the blow a bit. His father-in-law prefers K-cups of Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend w/plenty of heavy cream + 2 Splenda packets per mug. The Major did help him see the appeal of really good stuff, though, like Haitian Blue from Volcanica, or Yaucono, which the Major currently enjoying.

As far as the sunroom goes, as the Major has mentioned in the past, the former resident of this house was one of those people who thought they were really handy, but often bit off too much to chew. This led to such things as all the drains from the kitchen leading to a single 1" joint in the drainpipe, + a back patio where the walls weren't properly squared (joints not at 90-degree angles), the floor was basically crappy astroturf, and the outlets were all ungrounded (save the one that the Major's aforementioned father-in-law installed). So, converting this patio into a sunroom required effectively replacing everything save the roof, which has an inexplicable hole for a skylight. Yes, a skylight, in the roof of a covered patio. Gah.

The contractor the Major choose is the most infuriating kind of mixed bag possible. On one hand, the work they do is incredible. But the way they communicate, both with me and even with their own employees and the one subcontractor they use, the electrician, is awful. And their project management has been equally painful. The Major had hoped that everything would be complete by the time his CO returned from her 10-day cruise. Instead, they're still working on it. Gah again.

Speaking of the Major's CO, it appears that she, as well as almost everyone else who took this cruise, returned from it with a sinus infection. Fortunately, this is the kind of bacterial infection that responds very well to antibiotics, and his CO is feeling markedly better since starting a course of them. But, until then, she was in utter misery.

The really good news, though, regards the Major's father-in-law. He's doing very well, and has moved back into his own apartment. A few days ago, he took his bird home with him. So far, the dog's staying with us, since a dog is a lot more work than a bird, and the Major's father-in-law wants to get his conditioning up before he returns home.

-MO
Glad to have you back with us, Major.

Continued prayers.

-MO
I am glad you are back.
I was starting to wonder if you were OK or if a search party should be deployed. :laugh:

Today's brew was Ubora Coffee (Augusta, GA) - Peru Cajamarca using the Tales Coffee single-pour recipe with my opaque plastic Hario V60-01.
I still need to work on that recipe. I probably will try it again tomorrow to break in my new glass V60-01.
I have pulled out my opaque plastic V60-02 out of storage to try this recipe at the specified dose (and different flow rate) to see how I fare.

My glass Hario V60-01 arrived today, so I swapped out my Hario Switch cone with the V60-01 cone.
I look forward to trying out this recipe soon which calls for this V60-01 Switch setup:

Top Bottom