What's new

New Member from Japan

Lots of great gear in Japan! Kai Gold S, Kai Young T, Schick Injector II, and the Kai and Feather AC blades. In fact, if you already spent a little on DE, don’t spend any more until you have explored those as well (before you go all in).

Take your time.

The Kai and Feather women’s shaving gear is pretty cool too!

If you are getting close comfortable shaves with your current set up, don’t change it. Work on technique and don’t buy anything.

I’d avoid the Feathers. Too sharp, especially for a novice. They exist only to make the too-mild line of Feather razors shave well, and lock you into that brand for life. I’m not Egyptian but I use the Lord family of blades exclusively. Don’t choose your blade by the country it’s made in (unless it’s Russia) ha ha.

いらっしゃいませ Tetsu san! Welcome to B & B! I first tried wet shaving while I was living in Keikyu Taura, near Yokohama. I'm a pretty new member myself, and if you're interested you can read my own introduction to the forum where I tell about my own experiences.​

Feather makes excellent products! They make excellent razors at various quality / price points. Feather blades are on the expensive side here in the US, but I have several hundred in my closet and love the performance. But to be honest, I find Bic Chrome Platinum to be just as good as Feather, so I hope they do well for you!

If you wanted to try injector razors, Schick Twin blades are still available in Nippon; those blades are worth their weight in gold on eBay, since we Americans can only get them from there. The Schick Twin injector is the best blade ever made, and I am sorry to say I will be forced to fight anyone who says different. 😀

Again, welcome aboard! I hope to see you around the forums!

Welcome to B&B Tetsu San.
Fairly new here too and you will enjoy it here. DE shaving is a great hobby and my only regret was not trying it out as early as I could have.

My family loves visiting Japan for holidays.

Just curios whether Feathers and Kai blades are cheaper to buy there? Maybe I could haul several sleeves next time we go there.

Welcome to B&B Tetsu San.
Fairly new here too and you will enjoy it here. DE shaving is a great hobby and my only regret was not trying it out as early as I could have.

My family loves visiting Japan for holidays.

Just curios whether Feathers and Kai blades are cheaper to buy there? Maybe I could haul several sleeves next time we go there.
Hi Whiskerless,
Thanks for the question. As far as I checked, Feather blades are not significantly cheaper to get here, unless you order online from Japanese Amazon or other online merchants. There are only a handful of physical/online stores to get any type DE razors or blades in Japan, since they are even less popular than in the US/Europe.
As for Kai, they don’t even officially sell DE blades in Japan, as they only market them for export sales. Kai only focuses on cartridge/disposable razors here in Japan.

Hope this helps,
Tetsu

Top Bottom