What's new

The 2024: 1-Blade, 1-Week, *Daily Shaving Adventure

if I'm not mistaken the Treet King also has PTFE with Teflon??
Error. I'm probably confusing with another blade , maybe the Lord Cool which definitely has the PTFE coating.
I can't remember if I actually read somewhere in this forum that the Treet King have PFTE coating but looking on the RCB site it specifies only steel.

Treet King.png

@ShavingPrimate do you know anything about this?

Teflon is not specified on the package of Treet King.
Of the Treet blades it seems that only the Dura Sharp and Trig have the PTFE (Teflon) coating.

Teflon is not specified on the package of Treet King.
Of the Treet blades it seems that only the Dura Sharp and Trig have the PTFE (Teflon) coating.
I would not rely on the RBC site for details about individual blades. The brochure on the Treet website for example DOES state the Treet Platinum has a teflon coating. Blades & Razors - Treet - https://treetcorp.com/blades-razors/

There is no brochure for the Treet King though.

I would not rely on the RBC site for details about individual blades. The brochure on the Treet website for example DOES state the Treet Platinum has a teflon coating. Blades & Razors - Treet - https://treetcorp.com/blades-razors/

There is no brochure for the Treet King though.
RBC sells all blades and should know exactly what kind of coating each brand of blade is treated with and are generally reliable unlike the website of the TRC blade retailer, sometimes giving wrong information about the blade.

I asked a friend for information, he told me that if it says on the description of the blade is specified Super Stainless is definitely coated, it could be PTFE,chrome,ceramic,tungsten,anything else.
I also did a search in the forum,many users write that usually Super Stainless blades when nothing is specified could be coated at least in PTFE.

i also would not rely on razorbladeclub regarding the coating of (treet) blades.
When I emailed Treet to ask if there was a difference between their stainless steel blades 'Treet 7-Days', 'Treet Platinum' and 'Treet King' , they replied that they were the same, just with different brand names.

i also would not rely on razorbladeclub regarding the coating of (treet) blades.
When I emailed Treet to ask if there was a difference between their stainless steel blades 'Treet 7-Days', 'Treet Platinum' and 'Treet King' , they replied that they were the same, just with different brand names.
If so they are basically stating that they are just the same blade with packaging, even different prices between them?! :eek2:

Maybe he means that the basic steel used is the same, only the coating changes.
I doubt they are exactly and identical blades just with different name and packaging.

Last edited:
If so they are basically stating that they are just the same blade with packaging, even different prices between them?! :eek2:

Maybe he means that the basic steel used is the same, only the coating changes.
I doubt they are exactly and identical blades just with different name and packaging.
In my email I specifically asked about the coating, they answered that the blades are exactly the same... from my understanding this includes the coating. If you want you can also ask at [email protected]
I only tried 7-Days and Platinum so far. From my test i would also say they are very similar and i could not tell a difference

In my email I specifically asked about the coating, they answered that the blades are exactly the same... from my understanding this includes the coating. If you want you can also ask at [email protected]
I only tried 7-Days and Platinum so far. From my test i would also say they are very similar and i could not tell a difference
I will copy as you had reported in the other discussion on New Treet ,Mr. A.Qudoos response to your e-mail ,had been this:

"Yes, in the single category, they have the same quality, with only different brand names."

According to my interpretation,it means that the three blades Treet King, 7-Days and Treet Platinum have the same excellent quality of steel used, this does not mean that they are the same blade.
This is my interpretation of Mr. Qudoos' response.

The Treet King is listed Super Stainless, perhaps Teflon coated ,while Treet 7-Days and Treet Platinum are platinum coated.
Anyway I have sent an email to their address you mentioned,solicitously requesting the attention of Mr. Abdul Qudoos and asked the question if Treet King, 7-Days and Treet Platinum are exactly the same and identical blade, only different brand names.

If he responds to me I will let you know his response.

Last edited:
Mr. Qoodos won't answer my e-mail.
Next time I contact them I will tell him that I will not buy any more Treet King blades nor any other blade of their production. :nono:

I will go for the competition of the Bengalese Sharp , specifically the Stainless I will tell him so.:ihih:
I don't think they might be interested, but I will tell them in my next e-mail I send to them. :biggrin:

Mr. Qoodos won't answer my e-mail.
Next time I contact them I will tell him that I will not buy any more Treet King blades nor any other blade of their production. :nono:

I will go for the competition of the Bengalese Sharp , specifically the Stainless I will tell him so.:ihih:
I don't think they might be interested, but I will tell them in my next e-mail I send to them. :biggrin:
Last time i wrote i think it also took a while to get a reply...
You could try to write directly to "[email protected]" instead of the general info one. I got a reply from this adress

Thank you, I tried writing directly to Mr. Qoodos' corporate email address.
Let's see what I get back tomorrow.

Right now in Islamabad it is 9:36 pm, not the time of their office shift for working.

FlyDear Super Platinum

I racked up 4 shaves in 6 days on a single FlyDear Super Platinum. The amusingly named FlyDear is made in China by Xirui, the same company that also produces Rhinoceros XR and Matgicol Super Platinum razor blades. All are very competitively priced when purchased from AliExpress and as recently as today, a 100 pack of FlyDears could be purchased from Amazon USA for $5.99.

I used the blade in a few different Game Changer heads including the .68, .76, and .84. I found the .84 rough feeling but I should give it a try again - the other three shaves were very smooth and without irritation. Any mishaps I blame on using new razors and not the blade itself.

I think the FlyDear is quite decent. It has enough sharpness to handle most whiskers that will come at it. As I have said in other threads, if you like Treets and Lords, you might want to investigate the FlyDear Super Platinum for a very inexpensive option. On the other hand, if you require a Feather/Perma-Sharp/Nacet-like level of bite, this simply won't suit you. And it will not ever be a B&B favorite because it's simply too cheap, and the fact that it's China-made is problematic to some.

That said I invested in another 300 for the princely price of < $15 shipped, so I am quite happy with my purchase. Thumbs up for more than decent performance at a cheap as chips cost.

cranewarrior’s Completely Subjective Rankings of Blades Tested in 2024

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 King C Gillette (China)
#3 Treet Platinum
#4 Dorco ST300
#5 Treet Dura Sharp
#6 Lord Cool
#7 Lord Silver Star
#8 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#9 Shark Super Chrome
#10 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#11 FlyDear Super Platinum
#12 Lord Racer
#13 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#14 Doalco ST300
#15 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#16 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#17 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

IMG_20240502_145440955.jpg

Last edited:
Finished the week this morning with the Astra Superior Stainless. It performed perfectly for all 7 shaves. It’s another that I would be satisfied with if it was the only blade available.

Next up is the Personna Medical Prep starting tomorrow.

Here is my preference ratings as I’m proceeding through this rotation, very subjective and maybe a little unsure:
  1. GSB*
  2. 7 O’clock*
  3. Perma-Sharp*
  4. Astra**
  5. Lab Blue**
  6. Lord Platinum**
  7. Nacet**
* These are tied for this position.
** These are tied for this position.

Have a blessed week gentlemen.

I concluded my shave today with Treet New Edge , quite durable.
About this blade a clarification is in order.
In general it is a gentle and graceful blade that does its job, even discreetly but does not really shave thoroughly.

Today I found it to be multifaceted, it manages to behave evenly on all razors. Durability good, it neither mellowed nor became more brittle as the shaves went on.

In today's shave on Feather Popular it was almost imperceptible, good work and decent post.
But around early afternoon you start to feel the regrowth.

The blade lacks a little bit of effectiveness, in the sense that they don't really shave thoroughly.
It is a decent blade nothing more,I will not buy it again because there is better

My partial ranking of those tried so far here

1. GSB
2. Sharp Stainless
3. Asco Super Stainless
4. Sharp 7AM
5. Treet New Edge

Next week Monday I start with the Treet Kings and by that time I hope Mr. Qudoos will answer my question soon. :laugh:

Last edited:
I find Treet to have the best stable of blades between them, Lord, and Durablade. Very consistent blades sold at attractive price points.

I tend to agree. I really had not interacted with Treet Blades much before last year. It was then another member gifted me with a nice selection in a blade exchange.

Since then, Treet has earned a great deal of respect from me. I feel they have quality products at prices that are more than reasonable.

I now own many hundreds of their DE blades.

Week 18 Ends: Blade is the Super-Max Diamond Edge.

The Diamond Edge Made it through the week with flying colors.

Did it beat my week #17's Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium Coated.

IDK... it's pretty close, maybe too close to call.

Maybe a two week challenge is in order? Alternating the blades on a daily basis. I have a feeling this might come to fruition in the not to distant future.

Did it beat my week #17's Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium Coated.
It's not too surprising since the Blue Diamond Titanium is the predecessor to the Diamond Edge blade. Their QC was a little looser back then, about 10 years ago now, then it is with the last blades produced. I never had any trouble with the Blue Diamond, but I only have a limited number that I had to buy at a premium even several years ago. All the reviews for them were much older. I stocked up on Diamond Edge blades while I could. I missed out on stocking up on the Titanium(feel the power) blades that weren't your favourite even though I really liked them. They are still available, but not from somewhere I want to buy from.

Top Bottom